Girl rides into piano wire trap in park in Melbourne

Rik

logged out
why is an 8 year old girl riding a bike in a park so late at night??? there is more to this case then meets the eye
Gee gosh, those darn children should be in bed WELL before sunset. Who knows what monsters of society they'll grow up to be if they stay out so late.

Far out. Parents want to have an evening walk and take the daughter out on a bike. Anything wrong with that?

M|ke

Likes Dirt
i think we are all missing the point

"daughter was knocked off her bike when she rode into the wire at West Park, between 8pm and 9pm on Saturday night."

why is an 8 year old girl riding a bike in a park so late at night??? there is more to this case then meets the eye

but on a more serious note, this isnt an anusual thing. blah blah blah

read the whole thing

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
Listen, I don't want to generalize here, but generally speaking its usually older folks that do this. They're pretty crafty when given an excuse and tend to spend all their time at home toddling around the yard continuously assessing the state of their living conditions... - They then complain about it to their neighbors, detailing every single problem in their life (which is usually young people) ignorant to the fact that the neighbour they're talking to is quietly contemplating tea bagging the green ant hill nestled in the corner of the yard to subvert the psychological torture. Yes, old people are a perfect candidate for this kind of act. A local reserve near me has been laced with fabricated spike strips and hidden sharp metal objects. Some one with a serious amount of time on their hand; someone... retired, put a whole lot of time into building these traps.

They create their own little Vietnam's and wage war against people they don't know just to spice up their boring lives, they make friends with your pets to try turn them against you. They pretend they're interested in politics, but just react to political keywords such as "fiber", "osmosis", "Egyptian" and "bob hawk". They mow their lawns once every second day and feed the same birds that crap on your car every morning. They get up extra early and perch outside of their house to ask in a rhetorical way if your late when your late for work. They report you to the council when you feed the same set of birds and the birds all somehow mysteriously die. They all have incinerators and burn plastic once a week, cause like, garbage collection is still a whole 4hours away.

They buy stupid little yup yup dogs, cause they're just stupid and little, and don't know they're hanging out nut job's. Do you ever see big dogs with old people? like cool big dogs? Nope.They know what's up. see where I'm going with this?

Old people smell like wheat and rye.

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well quite bizarre for people of south melbourne to do something like that.
i used to like that suburb quite a fair bit.

i'd expect people down in Greensborough to do something like that. :(

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think we are all missing the point

"daughter was knocked off her bike when she rode into the wire at West Park, between 8pm and 9pm on Saturday night."

Not really.

Could have been a family BBQ, or the kid could live close by, and be out on a walk with Dad and the dog.

Sun is still up at 8pm in some places

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lets not get into the whole stereotyping of old people doing this kind of thing.

They don't know who did it, we don't know either. Lets not start rumors based on nothing.

Thats idiotic.

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Listen, I don't want to generalize here, but generally speaking its usually older folks that do this. They're pretty crafty when given an excuse and tend to spend all their time at home toddling around the yard continuously assessing the state of their living conditions... - They then complain about it to their neighbors, detailing every single problem in their life (which is usually young people) ignorant to the fact that the neighbour they're talking to is quietly contemplating tea bagging the green ant hill nestled in the corner of the yard to subvert the psychological torture. Yes, old people are a perfect candidate for this kind of act. A local reserve near me has been laced with fabricated spike strips and hidden sharp metal objects. Some one with a serious amount of time on their hand; someone... retired, put a whole lot of time into building these traps.

They create their own little Vietnam's and wage war against people they don't know just to spice up their boring lives, they make friends with your pets to try turn them against you. They pretend they're interested in politics, but just react to political keywords such as "fiber", "osmosis", "Egyptian" and "bob hawk". They mow their lawns once every second day and feed the same birds that crap on your car every morning. They get up extra early and perch outside of their house to ask in a rhetorical way if your late when your late for work. They report you to the council when you feed the same set of birds and the birds all somehow mysteriously die. They all have incinerators and burn plastic once a week, cause like, garbage collection is still a whole 4hours away.

They buy stupid little yup yup dogs, cause they're just stupid and little, and don't know they're hanging out nut job's. Do you ever see big dogs with old people? like cool big dogs? Nope.They know what's up. see where I'm going with this?

Old people smell like wheat and rye.
You are a fool

scooter

Likes Bikes
lets not get into the whole stereotyping of old people doing this kind of thing.

They don't know who did it, we don't know either. Lets not start rumors based on nothing.
Why not? It's fun to blame old people for things, fun to generalise, and in this case it may even be true. Don't let the media stereotype of gentle old granny lull you into complacency, evil lurks within that blue-rinsed dome.

stoff

Likes Dirt
well quite bizarre for people of south melbourne to do something like that.
i used to like that suburb quite a fair bit.

i'd expect people down in Greensborough to do something like that. :(
Or even Hastings like it said in the article. Although I do find the concept of them having a problem with blokes hooning around on trail bikes in the parks of South Melbourne pretty amusing.

shenanigans

Likes Dirt
hmm made me hold my hand out in front of me and squint when riding home down the path at night in my old hood, there were thumpstars running around all the time, and LOTS of grumpy old people. i was scared.

new neighbourhood aint so rowdy:rolleyes:

but yeah some narrow minded %^&#heads either dont realise the implications of there actions or belong in fucken jail.

thompo

Likes Dirt
they wont catch the person responsible unless he/she hands themself in.. which is very unlikely, can only hope it doesnt happen again.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
Why not? It's fun to blame old people for things, fun to generalise, and in this case it may even be true. Don't let the media stereotype of gentle old granny lull you into complacency, evil lurks within that blue-rinsed dome.
Dead right; it should be legal to perform euthanasia on anyone over the age of 65 on sight, in the most hilariously violent way possible, (there could be a rewards system, like Flybuys, "Drive Buys" maybe).

Ma5e

Likes Bikes
Gee gosh, those darn children should be in bed WELL before sunset. Who knows what monsters of society they'll grow up to be if they stay out so late.

Far out. Parents want to have an evening walk and take the daughter out on a bike. Anything wrong with that?

Guys i spent a weekend in melbourne not long ago and suprisingly enough the sun doesnt set till alot later there !

Unfortunatly there are some sick and twisted individuals amongst our society, fortunatly for the 8 yo she wasnt killed.

ya_frizz

Likes Dirt
that is discusting, who would even think about doing that, that could cause serious damage, its just idiotic

keldave1

Likes Dirt
We used to ride motor bikes in a pine forest on the north side of Brisbane a few years back, and rumors were always going round that people had strung up wire, even though there was no houses for several kilometers.

Also a mate of mine, when we were just in high school, rode in to some video tape type stuff. It hit his helmet, then just broke. I saw his head go backwards a bit before it broke. My mate found the culprits setting up another one a few weeks later. They never did it again.;)

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys i spent a weekend in melbourne not long ago and suprisingly enough the sun doesnt set till alot later there !

Unfortunatly there are some sick and twisted individuals amongst our society, fortunatly for the 8 yo she wasnt killed.
sometimes its much closer to 10pm and when the weather permits, its perfect for beer drinking.