girls that go hard

MTB-ChiK

Likes Dirt
Nope, thats the first of seen of it... Thanks for the link! Cool site, I will have to join up :D They need a sandboarding section !! ... There's HEAPS of us girl sandboarders out there, just need to come out of hiding like more DH'rs should too :eek:

Zooke

Likes Bikes
MTB-chik, What is sandboarding? I've heard you mention it a couple of times now and it sounds like something I might like.

Cheers Brooke

MTB-ChiK

Likes Dirt
MTB-chik, What is sandboarding? I've heard you mention it a couple of times now and it sounds like something I might like.

Cheers Brooke
Hi Zooke,

Sandboarding is my main sport (well, MTB has taken over a bit for the last 6 months) But its also my business that I've been doing since '94. Sandboarding is similar to snowboarding, but done on sand... and its hell fun!!
There is a photo gallery via my site where you can see us in action - www.oceanculture.com (right hand side under 'latest pics') There are plenty of places to ride in Qld too, and I have a couple of outlets up there that stock my boards (one is in Brizzy) If you'd like to know more check out the US site www.sandboard.com, or check out our Oz sandboard forum (in my signature line)

Cheers, Jo

MTB-ChiK

Likes Dirt
Well, the Egyptians were apparantly doing it before us! Using planks of pottery of some sort: http://www.sandboard.com/drdune/pr/index.htm

These days, we use purpose built boards that are made of plywood & laminate materials. Or, converted snowboards. I've been making [Ocean Culture] sandboards in Australia for over 12 years.... I never thought it would ever be my life long occupation, but as a die-hard surfer when there was no surf about you just had do something else with your day at the beach! Surfing water or surfing sand... Its all good! So I starting making sandboards for a living, and thats how i started :D

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
like body boaring on sand dunes! that always fun haha

I must look into this sand boarding, no possibility of drowning..............:D

brooko

Likes Bikes
sandboarding

Hey, love that your into your sandboarding and respect that you have a passion other than mtb, just wondering if people realise that you need to do this in certain sand dunes ,as a lot of dunes are very fragile and can get trashed and blown out in a matter of weeks if people were to even walk on them let alone board them,were we live (margaret river) it has a very fragile dune system, saying that we used to do a bit of sand boarding and it is hell fun ,checked out your website and you seem very professional,so i am sure you allready know all this and would advocate people doing the right thing.
Anyway good luck with your business and happy riding.:)

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Here is a site that i have posted some inspirieing stories on about my MTBing.
Check out the chicks corner
www.cccwebzine.com
Hey pinkbomb, I know exactly where you are coming from. Have spent the last 1.5 weeks in Whistler, only one day to go. Today we hired a guide/instructor. He was great, he took care of my boy last year after my husband broke his collarbone on our first day. It was the best money I have spent, I can now do drops and jumps like most people and love most of the runs that you have mentioned on your post.

Just love it here, don't want to leave, any of us!!!! And there are 8 of us. It is a very inspiring mountain. :D