GIRO 2003

jamo

Likes Dirt
does anyone knwo when the new range of giro full faces come out?

i want a mad max !!!!!

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
currently giro are changing distributers, the old dudes that had giro as well as bell are all out, and the new dudes (repco) havent got any in yet, at our shop we have been expecting the rep 2 come around with some samples for the last month or so, but a few months ago we were told they sould be here around august gut dont hold your breath!
cheers

grovesy

Likes Dirt
125PHIL said:
currently giro are changing distributers, the old dudes that had giro as well as bell are all out, and the new dudes (repco) havent got any in yet, at our shop we have been expecting the rep 2 come around with some samples for the last month or so, but a few months ago we were told they sould be here around august gut dont hold your breath!
cheers
I've had dealings with Repco in the past,not regarding mtb stuff.More along the line of automotive parts.
And they suck big time.
C'mon Repco pull your finger out.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the current mad max's kick ass and aren;t all that $$$ (they are costy but they could be much more)

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
i wanted one, but they only go up to medium, they don't make a large!!! my head isn't that abnormal but theres no way its going to fit in a medium. D2 here i come!!

Big Red

Likes Dirt
Giro also refuse to pay the fees involved with getting Australian Standards Stickers. So they prefer to put on a sticker saying it not intended for road, or racing use. So a lot of shops won't sell them, because people look at the sticker and think it's a sub-quality product. Silly really. I guess there is insurance issues as well. This is a very brief explanation. I got the full story one day and it totally blew me away with the complications of it all. Cheers :D

Az

Likes Dirt
From what I have heard they comply with US standard which is higher then the Aus one. Something about one of the tests which the impact weight fits through one of the vents.

Cant remember where i heard this could be wrong!!!

curtisrider

Eats Squid
i heard about that too.
Thats why bike shops don't stock pro-tec anymore.

It cost helmet companys heaps of money to insure there helmets and some just cant afford it

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
also, not only do they have to do the testing for USA standards but if they want a shinny sticker on it for Aus they have to pay (and sacrifice lids) for even more testing

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Repco stands for Rip-Every-Poor-Cunt-Off. Obiously I dont like repco!

lol

wombat

Lives in a hole
Alright....
Giro: we got to see the new range for Bell and Giro at a dealer show last week, hopefully it shouldn't be too long until shops have them in stock.

Standards tests: The Australian standards tests are actually more rigorous than the US ones, but having said that Giro still make great helmets and they have saved my head.

Protec: as far as I understand, only the skate helmets have been available of late, not the BMX spec ones, but they should be soon, just waiting on another shipment.

stylinruss

Likes Dirt
I rang repco the other day about when the new giros will arrive and they told me they have no idea, so I wouldn't hold your breath. Gotta love the bicycle industry.

jamo

Likes Dirt
i actually contacted giro importer wholesaler and tehy said that the are having trouble with the australian standard sticker and shit like that. he said they wont be out till farkin ages, like august september or somethin.

i tink sow enywaiz..............

wombat

Lives in a hole
jamo said:
i actually contacted giro importer wholesaler and tehy said that the are having trouble with the australian standard sticker and shit like that. he said they wont be out till farkin ages, like august september or somethin.

i tink sow enywaiz..............
August is all of like 2 or 3 weeks away!