Give me your best 10 Day NZ tour!?

Hey All,

Flights booked, 21 Oct to 30 Oct! Landing in Auckland - travelling with one buddy. I'm obviously beyond excited!!

I'm going to start planning today - and going through the NZ threads here.

But - if, for those who have done it a stack of times - what would you recommend? We both ride 160mm all mountain bikes. Ourimbah is my fav local track, followed by Camben River.

Keen for DH runs, XC, All mountain - the whole thing. We both ride multiple times a week MTB, but are both going to jump on to road bikes and hopefully get fit enough to ride the majority of the days.

We haven't rented cars. accom or anthing yet. We're looking to keep it on the cheaper side (maybe a notch above hostels). We're really thinking single bed room (or air-bnb) and one person takes a couch / blow up bed each night.

Any recommendations we would love! Can't wait. Although I've been riding for around 5 years - this is my first MTB trip!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I'll be keeping an eye on this, as I'm planning to do a NZ trip around this time next year.

However, will be hiring a camper van and driving from north to south, sightseeing in between riding destinations (Rotorua, Queenstown, Christchurch) across roughly 2 weeks.