Giving bike for free?

swissOZ

Squid
To make it short.... I have no longer time to ride or rebuild my Kona Stinky and was wondering if there is a place in MEL who takes bikes for charity or similar. I am not after any money as the bike needs some decent TLC but don't like the idea leaving the 'old warrior' in front of the house like a couch. m

redbruce

Eats Squid
To make it short.... I have no longer time to ride or rebuild my Kona Stinky and was wondering if there is a place in MEL who takes bikes for charity or similar. I am not after any money as the bike needs some decent TLC but don't like the idea leaving the 'old warrior' in front of the house like a couch. m
Plenty of options actually:

I've also used
https://www.givenow.com.au/otherways/bikes

But a quick Google indicates many worthy charities.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Feeling generous enough to post it? I know an African refugee that does bicycle deliveries and would love to rock a stinky.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Again thanks for all the input. Yes google shows plenty but I am a bit burned with charities.... m

what did you ..... ask for then?

onlock

Likes Bikes
Where abouts in melb? Im at home with a busted arm and could be interested in fixing her up as something to do then pass on for as minimal as possible

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would give it to your local club, good to use for people who want to just try or juniors wouldn't can't afford a DH rig. At least that way, it'll get ridden by people who want to ride it for it's intended purpose.

swissOZ

Squid
what did you ..... ask for then?
We once rang a charity to pick up our 'old' couch (worth a few K's when new, nothing broken) and they turned up and declined it. The fabric faded at one corner due to the sun was their reason to reject it. Couch went into a skip 1hour after.m

redbruce

Eats Squid
Again thanks for all the input. Yes google shows plenty but I am a bit burned with charities.... m
Dropped off a couple of frames, two sets of wheels and a crate of spares to CERES today.

As usual they were keen to accept and put to good use. Probably over a dozen people there working on all manor of bikes.

Great to see.

Send it to the prince of Nigeria, he can fill it full of money and ride it back to your place
This is helpful, how?

Last edited:

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Edit (15/02/15):
Dropped off a couple of frames, two sets of wheels and a crate of spares to CERES today.

As usual they were keen to accept and put to good use. Probably over a dozen people there working on all manor of bikes.

Great to see.

This is helpful, how?
CERES bike shed is awesome. I have dropped off many bikes, whole and parts, over the years. Every hard waste collection I pick up anything that looks serviceable and take it over for them. They are always very appreciative, and they get LOTS of people up and riding, which is a very good thing.