Glandular Fever

lindsay

Likes Dirt
I've got it, had it for over 6 months now.

I was really bad for about 5-6 weeks. Pretty much didn't ride during that time. Great lead up to the state series. :roll:

Anyway after i got over the worst of it I decided to get my fitness back. It was a slow process because i was still sick but I didn't care. I could sit at home feeling sick or go and ride my bike while feeling sick.

I did get a few bad relapses where i felt pretty bad again for a week or so. As soon as i felt a bit better though i was back on the bike.

My glands are still swollen and i have weeks where i feel pretty good and others where i feel like i have a cold (sore throat, heavy head etc.) and I'm always tired.

I'm don't really believe in the idea of doing nothing until your over it. Exercise is good for your body as long as you exercise according to how you feel and don't over do it.

I just pretend i don't have it now and it's pretty good, i don't feel 100% when riding but who cares, it's better than sitting at home feeling sorry for yourself.

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
LTR said:
W2ttsy said:
didnt help that my g.f was raped the next week, but oh well, shit happens.
:shock: Shit happens?

well last year, i wanted to murder the guy who did it. i punched several holes in a wall. i had councilling for 2 weeks and to top it off, this was in the first week of exams. i had nightmares, i felt responsible, guilty for not being there.

wasnt anything i could do to fix it last year, cant do anything now.

it happened, it was bad, we got over it, and now its just another memory. so yeh, shit happens, deal with it.

W2ttsy

bazza

look at me
had it.

it stayed with me for like 3-4 weeks. got over it. than it reoccurs as the seasons change here. for some reason. like out of summer and into winter. autumn and spring dont count here. but yeah. if i have a rough week or a few days it comes back for a few days as well. so yeah. its a real bastard. i feel sorry for anyone that had it and yeah. it isnt worth the girl. i had mine in yr10 and it still keeps re occuring pretty easy. so yeha. but no hardcore. just makes me real sleepy and get worn out so easy. but yeah. good luck man.

sich nich

Likes Dirt
yeah i had it i think a few weeks ago.

though im not sure if it was..
i felt really flu like, with all the sweating and fevers and shit, falling asleep in the middle of the day, blah blah blah, looked it up on the internet,
it listed all the symptoms i had, eg as above, white shit on tonsils, swollen glands, etc.
they reckon u may never get over the tiredness, but once u get over it, apparently u can still give it to other ppl, but cant get it again urself..

mine was (if it was glandular fever) very mild case as it lasted only a week.

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
sich nich said:
yeah i had it i think a few weeks ago.

though im not sure if it was..
i felt really flu like, with all the sweating and fevers and shit, falling asleep in the middle of the day, blah blah blah, looked it up on the internet,
it listed all the symptoms i had, eg as above, white shit on tonsils, swollen glands, etc.
they reckon u may never get over the tiredness, but once u get over it, apparently u can still give it to other ppl, but cant get it again urself..

mine was (if it was glandular fever) very mild case as it lasted only a week.
yer mine lasted shorter than it took to get the tests back lol. i hardly had it, and it sounds similar to you symptom wise, but i still tested positive for the virus.

W2ttsy

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm guessing you wish you never put this post together?? Not too much positive news hey??

Just rest up and follow doctors orders. get yourself a script or two from the doc for penicillin.. that shit will kick the bugs arse!!

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
Fat_Ride said:
I'm guessing you wish you never put this post together?? Not too much positive news hey??

Just rest up and follow doctors orders. get yourself a script or two from the doc for penicillin.. that shit will kick the bugs arse!!
actually, because its a virus and not a bacterial infection, penicillian, any of its derivatives, or any other infection clearing meds will not clear it up...

sorry buddy, but youll have to ride this one out...

W2ttsy

Dane

Likes Dirt
yeah doc initially gave me a penicillin script. but told me to stop once i got the blood tests back. not sure but i think it might have helped clear up my tonsillitis. good news is my throat has returned to normal and my coughing is almost gone. however as soon as i get home from uni each day i'm into bed for a few hours, before getting back up, then i just sit around watching tv and doing homework etc. :roll:

the thing i'm worried about is i've got 3 weeks of holiday organized heading up the east coast to Byron (possibly even surfers). since the original idea was a surf trip i hope i'm back in good health to make the most of the warm water - and i just got a new surf board too. :D but thats not till mid January, so i feel reasonably confident keeping those plans.

bazza

look at me
speak of the devil. woke up with the glands up this morning and a rooted throat! yaaaaaaaaaaaa. looking good for nationals! so much for training. even if i was going to do shite still would of been nice.

Dane

Likes Dirt
bazza said:
speak of the devil. woke up with the glands up this morning and a rooted throat! yaaaaaaaaaaaa. looking good for nationals! so much for training. even if i was going to do shite still would of been nice.
sorry man... maybe we shouldn't have gotten so "close" a few weeks back. damn i gotta lay off the booze.