Glenrock DJ's

NSR

Likes Dirt
holy freakin' shit... that's dirty.
I hope that someone's gonna clean that crap up. The people that did that should be made to clean up the whole area for a year... that is disgusting!

-Nathan-

Likes Bikes
I ride those jumps on a regular basis and some of the kids that ride there are just atrocious
Every second word is the 'F' or 'C' word and then they leave a mess behind like this
The people who do this just dont seem to understand how hard it was to get those jumps built and dont care about their care and maintenance
BTW the jumps need a bit of work if you guys can do anything about it

NSR

Likes Dirt
I'd help out, but I live in melbs... It sickens me to see that some foul mouthed bogan has trashed your jumps... It also sucks when they steal your shovels.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
The way it stands though is that we fought bloody hard to have these jumps not only retained, but improved under the new Plan of Management for Glenrock.

First legal DJ's in a National Park I know of.

The Plan of Management hasn't been finalised and there is a lot of opposition to things like the DJ's (let alone mtb in general).

I know it is a minority out there creating this mess, but don't expect the jumps to be there long term if this keeps up.

I'm going to give the bin the benefit of the doubt though, some one put it in there I am guessing to have somewhere to put the rubbish. No one thought to take the bin and empty it.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Wow, that must have been a harsh landing.

On a serious note, such a shame that some idiots manage to stuff things up for everyone, especially after all the work that went in.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
Yep, every time I go through there it dissapoints me that people are treating it like sh!t. Not because I care about the DJ's but because it's a complete slap in the face to those who have put in the effort to get/build these facilities in the first place as well as generally disrespectful to all the other riders out there who take care not to mess the place up.

It's the first (and only) place in Glenrock that I think of when I think about people treating the place poorly and since it's not on a walking trail means it's pretty clear that it's cyclists of some description so the mess can't be blamed on anyone else.

I guess I should be guilty by inaction as I've been meaning to pack a garbage bag but keep fogetting. Next time, I promise.

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The xcers of the area have been self policing for some time. If we see some rubbish, we pack it, and carry it out. If we see a crappy b line, we close it down.

Looks to me like the local DJers need to start doing the same.

We will never stop the tools that do this kind of stuff. They are the kind of riders that go buy a flash sled, ride for a year or 2 and then move on. They propbably don;t care if it got bulldozed.

The thing that really bothered me when I came across this stuff was the littering of sparklers around the place. That old bike had been burnt, and there was evidence of other fires being lit.

If a bush fire on Glenrock was traced back to MTB activity, that would be it for the excellent trail system that people like Sammy, and others have kicked their arses to make a legitimate legal trail network.

If any of the perpetrators of this mess are watching this thread, you need to pull your heads in.

There are far more riders out there who will happily "suggest" you change your ways than there are riders who will defend you.

Quency

Likes Dirt
This sort of stuff happens fairly regularly. My mates and I ride up there cause it is close to uni and we have spent a solid 20 minutes cleaning up other peoples mess only to come back a week later to find it in a worse state than before. People need to be more responsible and treat this area with respect

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Come on kids, it's not hard to take out what you take in.

To the fools that are doing this: Pull your bloody heads in! Don't take what you've been given from NPWS for granted - they'll just as easily take it away and you'll be reduced to having your illegal, and often destroyed, piles of dirt that vaguely resemble jumps, again.

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit of rubbish on some of the DH's as well.

We finally get recognition from NPWS as a legit trail user group, and this crap goes on.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
TBH haven't really noticed rubbish anywhere other than the DJ's. There is a bit of dumped crap that would be good to clean up (eg white goods and bits of cars etc) and the odd wrapper and bottle but otherwise pretty good.

I assume the problem with the DJ's is not only the type of people it attracts but also you have a static group which gives them an opportunity to stand around and shed their crap in the one area.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit of rubbish on some of the DH's as well.

We finally get recognition from NPWS as a legit trail user group, and this crap goes on.
Yeah, 50/50 tends to have a bit of crap. I even saw a few pizza boxes a few months ago :eek:. I mean seriously, who brings pizza to a downhill trail?

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I assume the problem with the DJ's is not only the type of people it attracts but also you have a static group which gives them an opportunity to stand around and shed their crap in the one area.

Absolutely
The problem with the DJ area is that the people who drop their rubbish are to bloody lazy to carry it out with them..

dj's

It is things such as this that ruin it for all riders. It is hard enough to get places to ride, where i live there are none that are legal unless you have transport. People try so hard to get places to ride but council is far less inclined to allow us to have areas if they are left in such dismal condition by inconsidorate people like the ones that did this. It is just a foolish act that will result in riders not being able to go and enjoy themselves.
SORRY FOR ANY INCORRECT SPELLING.