Goatfarm 2002 Biff

protecon

Likes Dirt
Hey
Just thought people might get some sick amusement out of a friend of mine I captured eating the gravel at Goatfarm in Perth last year (chuckle).

A tentative "bikecam" of the line - here (3.0MB)
and Mike's second attempt - over here (1.5MB)

Directors Note : Contains some coarse language (mute if you are easily offended)

Rik

logged out
Hehhe, nice work, those humps look like fun, nice and flowing... until you slip off a pedal...

protecon

Likes Dirt
Had someone ask me about the mount/camera set-up for the "bikecam" and thought it would be helpful for others too.

The camera is a Sony DSC-F707 5.0MP which does 30fps @ 320x240 for as long as your memory stick lasts (usually about 43mins+audio on 128MB stick).
You can use any digicam that does clips for this - I would recommend using something smaller and lighter than I did as even though the mount was super-rigid, it still moved around a tad (hard to ride flat out with a camera worth more than your ride bouncing around heh).
The mount is pretty simple and inexpensive - using the tripod mount on your existing camera means you can pop it off for stills on the fly.
Just get a replacement "handlebar" kit for a Cateye bike light, which consists of an adjustable clamp and corresponding rubber inserts according to bar thickness. Then take your camera to a hardware store and find a countersink bolt that fits the thread of the tripod mount (you may have to shorten the bolt). Using the exisiting hole for the light's screw mount, increase the diameter of the hole so the bolt passes through.
All you have to do now is shorten the bolt so the "light" part of the assembly can slide easily onto the bar mount and lock tight.
Clamp the whle thing onto your bar (your preference for location) and switch on the camera to get an idea where it's pointing.
I'll see if I can grab some snaps.

Cheers.