Going grey... 2019 Transition Sentinel

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hope I never get to your level of scrutiny on suspension @beeb, you have done some serious puzzling to get here.

Bike looks unreal and it makes you happy, that is the ultimate duo

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I hope I never get to your level of scrutiny on suspension @beeb, you have done some serious puzzling to get here.

Bike looks unreal and it makes you happy, that is the ultimate duo
Thanks @caad9 - It's definitely been a bit of a journey!

It's often overkill for what I really need, but surprised me how it really doesn't feel as heavy as it is once on the pedals, so it's unexpectedly versatile. Plus given how much it hides/excuses my hack riding, I can only imagine what a talented rider could do with it. :p

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
If the linkage is progressive enough, definitely worth considering. I tried a coil on a V2 Spitfire a while back and it wasn't a great match, but I believe the V3 bikes may be more progressive so might work better.
Something may now be in the post to help me consider this a bit further...

Jpez

Down on the left!
Thanks @caad9 - It's definitely been a bit of a journey!

It's often overkill for what I really need, but surprised me how it really doesn't feel as heavy as it is once on the pedals, so it's unexpectedly versatile. Plus given how much it hides/excuses my hack riding, I can only imagine what a talented rider could do with it. :p
Jeez mate I’ve been offering to take it for a spin for a while now and show you what it can do. :p

beeb

Jeez mate I’ve been offering to take it for a spin for a while now and show you what it can do. :p
Would the improvement be counted in seconds or minutes? Not sure I want to know... :eek: Pretty sure we can arrange something post lock-down as long as you promise to leave the stopwatches and Strava at home. :p

Jpez

Down on the left!
Would the improvement be counted in seconds or minutes? Not sure I want to know... :eek: Pretty sure we can arrange something post lock-down as long as you promise to leave the stopwatches and Strava at home. :p
Haha. I’m so far from talented it’s not funny. But yeah man I would so love to have a really good play on your bike. And yes if you insist I’ll leave strava off. Maybe…

beeb

Haha. I’m so far from talented it’s not funny. But yeah man I would so love to have a really good play on your bike. And yes if you insist I’ll leave strava off. Maybe…
Well I've always wanted to take a Highlander for a spin. ;):p

beeb

Hey @beeb what tools and holder do you have there? Looking for something similar
@Rorschach - It's two OneUp pump holders, one holds a 100cc OneUp pump with EDC tool kit installed, and the other holds Lezyne Power Lever XL tyre levers and WolfTooth quicklink pliers (with quicklink storage). They actually clip-in really nicely, though I did swap out the mount O-ring with some tougher aftermarket ones. Covers most of the basics. I also mounted a WolfTooth B-Rad strap-on bottle mount upside down with some modified screws so I have the ability to mount a spare tube between the pump mounts if desired.

A few notes:
  • I had to sand a chamfer on the pump mount tab edges, or they wouldn't 'nest' well and ended up spaced really far apart.
  • I used the WolfTooth bottle mount because it's notched for where it's meant to be strapped onto a frame, but it also works great for stopping Velcro straps slipping off the bracket when the tube is mounted)
  • The screws are a bit tricky, they have to be longer than standard, and need the threads removed for the thickness of the bracket underneath the head on the screw. Thread them through the "bottle"/tube mount, then they can spin freely in the bracket but still have threads to go into the frame.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
@Rorschach - It's two OneUp pump holders, one holds a 100cc OneUp pump with EDC tool kit installed, and the other holds Lezyne Power Lever XL tyre levers and WolfTooth quicklink pliers (with quicklink storage). They actually clip-in really nicely, though I did swap out the mount O-ring with some tougher aftermarket ones. Covers most of the basics. I also mounted a WolfTooth B-Rad strap-on bottle mount upside down with some modified screws so I have the ability to mount a spare tube between the pump mounts if desired.

A few notes:
  • I had to sand a chamfer on the pump mount tab edges, or they wouldn't 'nest' well and ended up spaced really far apart.
  • I used the WolfTooth bottle mount because it's notched for where it's meant to be strapped onto a frame, but it also works great for stopping Velcro straps slipping off the bracket when the tube is mounted)
  • The screws are a bit tricky, they have to be longer than standard, and need the threads removed for the thickness of the bracket underneath the head on the screw. Thread them through the "bottle"/tube mount, then they can spin freely in the bracket but still have threads to go into the frame.
Cheers! Looks good, looking for something similar as I normally take a Camelbak so keen on using my cage mounts for storage

beeb

Random question - I'd been thinking about selling this in the new year, but am considering bringing it forward.

Haven't totally decided to do it yet (I've got another bike to build and ride before committing to the sale), but was wondering - what do people reckon a fair sale price would be? I'm trying to work out whether it'll be better to sell complete or part it out if I do head down the sale path...

Fork will be getting a Grip2 damper swapped in shortly, and I still have the original rocker link and air shock I could include in the sale.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Random question - I'd been thinking about selling this in the new year, but am considering bringing it forward.

Haven't totally decided to do it yet (I've got another bike to build and ride before committing to the sale), but was wondering - what do people reckon a fair sale price would be? I'm trying to work out whether it'll be better to sell complete or part it out if I do head down the sale path...

Fork will be getting a Grip2 damper swapped in shortly, and I still have the original rocker link and air shock I could include in the sale.
View attachment 381861
Seems like a shame it lived it’s life so far under a number of lockdowns…
Not sure what it’s worth mate but I would consider the cascade link potentially??