VIC Golden Triangle Epic 2015

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Couldn't find a thread for this, hope I'm not just blind.

So, who's in? Distances?

And for any locals, the weather forecast is looking.........interesting. How do the trails hold up to some rain?

John U

MTB Precision
I have been given it very thorough consideration. My concern is the 100k's starts at 9am and presentations are at 3pm.

My best ever time in a 100k was 7.11 and that was in pre-kids days with a bit of training. Are hacks expected to average 20k's an hour in these events now or am I missing something? The dealio wasn't too different in the Wombat.

I was going to try to contact the organisers and see if I could do the 100 but start with the 150kers. It's not like intend being anywhere near the podium. I'd be doing it for the craic and training.

Rego closes today.

softek

Likes Dirt
I held out entering till today, hoping it wont rain, the forecast has turn for the worst, predicting RAIN!!!

MJG

Likes Dirt
I held out entering till today, hoping it wont rain, the forecast has turn for the worst, predicting RAIN!!!
From the BOM forecast for Bendigo for Sunday:
Temps 5 - 15C. Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of rain. Light winds becoming southwesterly 20 to 25 km/h during the morning.

I choose to interpret partly cloudy as mostly sunny. But I'll bring the singlespeed just in case. With the Mt Herbert climb gone it's much more feasible...but 3 laps will hurt. It's not as though I'll be up at the pointy end of the race, judging by the quality of riders in the entry list.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
I choose to interpret partly cloudy as mostly sunny.
That's the spirit!!

I'm just about to enter, but having trouble finding accom for the family on Saturday night, everywhere so far has a 2 night minimum. Pet hate of mine, that one.

Back to google.....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
That's the spirit!!

I'm just about to enter, but having trouble finding accom for the family on Saturday night, everywhere so far has a 2 night minimum. Pet hate of mine, that one.

Back to google.....
Bloody tourist towns. Bendigo but, so there is likely to be a few crack dens that'll give you an hourly rate.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Bloody tourist towns. Bendigo but, so there is likely to be a few crack dens that'll give you an hourly rate.
Bendigo's a tourist town? You mean, people go there when bike races aren't on? They must be on crack.......

Accommodation sorted, abdomen still sore from removing the kidney to pay for it, race entered. Looking forward to 100km of sloshing through mud on trails I don't know while freezing to death. Come at me, Bendigo!

hakka

Likes Dirt
I rode the course on saturday, after it rained all day friday. The track was perfect. It will need a good rain on saturday as it dries out pretty quick.

The course is good, there's no real hard climbs, the total ascent for a 50km lap was about 850m. The club have done a heap of work to the course, cleaned all the debris off the trails and removed a shitload of rocks that were sticking out of the ground.

MJG

Likes Dirt
The club have done a heap of work to the course, cleaned all the debris off the trails and removed a shitload of rocks that were sticking out of the ground.
Thanks Hakka and your fellow club members. That's a big job on such a long course. Looking forward to riding it.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
I rode the course on saturday, after it rained all day friday. The track was perfect. It will need a good rain on saturday as it dries out pretty quick.

The course is good, there's no real hard climbs, the total ascent for a 50km lap was about 850m. The club have done a heap of work to the course, cleaned all the debris off the trails and removed a shitload of rocks that were sticking out of the ground.
You are making me smile Hakka.

Don't make me hunt you down on Sunday for misleading me.

hakka

Likes Dirt
Don't make me hunt you down on Sunday for misleading me.
I just rode part of the course, its very dry and dusty again. As long as we get a decent rain before the event it will be excellent conditions.

For the Bendigo trails to become a mudbath you need a week of torrential rain. There's more chance of the track being to dry than too wet.

Attachments

hakka

Likes Dirt
A decent rain just went through vic but mostly missed bendigo. Fingers crossed for a bit tomorrow.

I was at the bike shop earlier, apparently there's 400 entries so far.