GPS tracker recommendation for trail dog

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I've taken him around the soccer pitch, and so far he can run 3 loops (1 loop = a run straight from one end of the pitch's goal post to the other then back) non-stop, and few hundred meters one way between the field and home on pavement. He's only 9 months, so he can probably only do at most 4-5km when he's turned to adulthood, which is good enough. I have a K9 backpack to carry him out of the trail if he's too tired part way through.

Love him to the moon and back.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just seen a dog owning friend post this...

Sounds exactly what you are looking for.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I love the idea that you're taking your dog for a run around and keeping a tracker on him is a cool idea, funny even 'cause we all know doggo's get set on tracing the source of that fine scent. Look after him though, little dogs have small hearts and you can overwork them pretty quickly so take pretty regular breaks and let him wind down pretty often. ;) It doesn't take much for our little pals to get overworked.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Just seen a dog owning friend post this...

Sounds exactly what you are looking for.
Yes that is the one i put up in the original post. It sounds reasonable. I'll order one tonight.

I love the idea that you're taking your dog for a run around and keeping a tracker on him is a cool idea, funny even 'cause we all know doggo's get set on tracing the source of that fine scent. Look after him though, little dogs have small hearts and you can overwork them pretty quickly so take pretty regular breaks and let him wind down pretty often. ;) It doesn't take much for our little pals to get overworked.
Cheers mate. Will definitely take a good care of him :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ love the pack!

I had a mini schnauzer a while back, greatest dog I've ever owned. I reckon he was good for about 800m of walking before he would crack the shits and just lay down. Not sure if he was trained as such by me in his early days walking to the nearby cafes or if he was legitimately tired so easy. Didn't worry me too much as I hated walking. Little fucker could run for days if he got out though...

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Chuck us a few videos or photos of him fanging along too. ;)
Will do.
Atm, this is how we take him out on the trail. Using a K9 backpack specially made for carrying dog at the back :p

First video of him following us on the bike. 4km with few breaks in between. He's so good. I can't stop playing the video over and over again!

Tracker is working well. We tested it on ourselves, and it tracks the "dog tracker" quite well. The setup was a bit tricky initially, but it was manageable afterwards. Just need to make sure the gps is turned on and the dog tracker is fully charged.