Granton - WARNING

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey kids

Did some shuttles at Granton yesterday. Just wanted to earn everyone to be careful. After the second fire road you boost that little pile of rocks then go into a tight left hander - a tree has come down in that corner and can't be seen until you enter the corner. It's in a really dangerous spot so take care. We looked at lifting it but unfortunately none of us is the hulk.

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
Hey kids

Did some shuttles at Granton yesterday. Just wanted to earn everyone to be careful. After the second fire road you boost that little pile of rocks then go into a tight left hander - a tree has come down in that corner and can't be seen until you enter the corner. It's in a really dangerous spot so take care. We looked at lifting it but unfortunately none of us is the hulk.
Andy, was out there a few weeks ago and we put some logs and sticks just before it so people slow down. Very dangerous spot as it's a blind corner. Planning on going out to make a new section there soon.

Sorry guys and girls didn't make it out there tonight so the tree is still there so take it very easy....It is so dry out there at the moment bit dangerous to us a chain saw unless you take a water sprayer out with you....

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
Sorry guys and girls didn't make it out there tonight so the tree is still there so take it very easy....It is so dry out there at the moment bit dangerous to us a chain saw unless you take a water sprayer out with you....
G'day Benny. I'm thinking of taking my brother (who is just starting out in DH) up there on Thursday. Is there a possibility the tree will be cleared in the next few days? Cheers. :)

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
Nice riding Andy. Yeah that's the corner I imagined. That's my fav corner too. I love setting up high on that and railing in.

EDIT: Just noticed it was Ferroni... any wonder it was great riding skill.

Last edited:
Yeah not looking good we have Long Gully on tomorrow night then heading to Baw Baw Friday.... Maybe Monday.... If you do go out there it has a few branches about 10 metres before it....PLEASE MAKE SURE THOSE BRANCHES GO BACK ON YOUR LAST RUN that be great for everyone thanks.....

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
All good mate. You guys have had a stack on your plate this summer. Very much appreciated.

Still went out there today. Couldn't chop the tree up, but did manage to kick off an annoying branch from the trunk that could take your head off. Also flagged the run in and a few other branches with some very pretty and beautiful pink ribbon to help draw more attention to the hazard.

The track is running pretty well, very dry up there as stated. A few ferns are starting to creep back in and grow over the lines.

The old GoPro1 is really showing it's age, but I'm sure you get the idea. :D

[video=youtube;raBOegWTUOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raBOegWTUOY[/video]