Graves beats Bubba Harris

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dont actually think its a ''YETI'' some one will correct me if im wrong but he was previously riding a specialized with a white paint job and yeti stickers, dont know if he is still on the same bike ??
half correct, he used to ride a specialized
It isn't a Yeti BMX, but it is the best BMX you can buy (whatever that is)...
correct
I think from memory hes riding a revtec. www.revtecbmx.com
correct, he's just powdercoated it and slapped some yeti stickers on

Sic

Likes Dirt
Thats so cool im not even sure what to say. Graves really is on it at the moment, its a real shame he didnt race the 4x in NZ for the worlds.

Hopper

Likes Dirt
What is his slingshot start? How does it go, is it just the standard start you see at the top level 4X where they lift their front wheel before the gate drops and pretty much push on the gate as it drops?

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Graves also won the latest UCI round at Knox, Vic. We'll be showing it on SBS Cycling Central this weekend (Sunday 5.30) as well as the Nationals 4X that he'll most likely win too.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What is his slingshot start? How does it go, is it just the standard start you see at the top level 4X where they lift their front wheel before the gate drops and pretty much push on the gate as it drops?
its where u push back from the gate and as the gate drops u propel yourself foward, takes a fair bit of skill to pull it off

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
The controversy was about he was pulling back a fair way, like a footish, so othey were saying its too much, either way he got skill, and he was like a rocket down that first straight, impressive~

MrPlow

TMBC
So what's the problem with that then?
I suppose if you could stall yourself a bit once you have popped off you could time the gate better?? I don't get why others complain / wouldn't do it themselves?

BOBCATZZ

Banned
There is nothing wrong with using the sling shot it is actually an old school method still it works for Jared so sucko to the rest ,
Also all the top 4x ers ride and race also train on bmx a lot more than they have us beleive .As every thing happens a lot faster on a 20 inch bmx then when you step up to a 24 or 26 its like your driving a bus .
It allso shows us how closely related 4x and bmx is much like superx and mx
SX a full on man made groomed surface like a bmx track MX more natural terrain dust ruts un groomed same as 4x.
Be keen to find out what Sean Dwight olympic BMX coach thinks about it all as Jared has just decimated his whole high performance squad .
Oh whell thems the apples all the best at the nats Jared.

geva

Likes Bikes
Josh Edit:

Add something useful to the thread, or not at all you twit.

Last edited by a moderator: