Great Escape Gravity Enduro

taquar

Likes Dirt
Definitely considering putting in my registration... Will probably do it on the last day. Might have to get there at like 5am to get a park lol... :p

Won't know anyone though, the friend I was going to go with has work that morning... Will be on a white Morewood, so say hi if you feel like!

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No problems mate, I will be on a White Tracer. I will be running sweep for one of the grades or the whole lot depending on numbers.

Remember guys if this goes well, we can get a multiple race series next year. With good sponsors and a couple of venues.

liam90

Likes Bikes
A very exciting event!
Hope it goes well, it'd be great to have a series like this next year. It is my
first event so I'll be in class C on a White and Red Jekyll If anyone needs someone
to complain with on the climbs back up. ;-D

cressa

Likes Dirt
Registered in B grade! I'm excited and annoyingly nervous no matter how many times I remind myself it's just a bit of fun.

Any news on expected numbers of entrants as yet?

The weather forecast is looking good. Hopefully we'll get a bit of rain this week. It's so dry out there with deadly sandy spots everywhere.

cressa

Likes Dirt
No problems mate, I will be on a White Tracer. I will be running sweep for one of the grades or the whole lot depending on numbers.

Remember guys if this goes well, we can get a multiple race series next year. With good sponsors and a couple of venues.
Hey Andy, if a series was to eventuate, what other venues do you see being suitable?

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
Registered in B grade! I'm excited and annoyingly nervous no matter how many times I remind myself it's just a bit of fun.

Any news on expected numbers of entrants as yet?

The weather forecast is looking good. Hopefully we'll get a bit of rain this week. It's so dry out there with deadly sandy spots everywhere.
Found one on Black Rock on Monday - 5 stitches later hoping for a swift recovery ready to pin it again Sunday...

You're right - bit of rain would make those trails amazing right now.

On the topic of a series - I can see Gap Creek (Rocket Frog, Dingo & Pipeline) and Cornubia Forest (Stupidly Happy, Resurrection & Wallum Froglet) being awesome venues if permissions etc. could be secured.

taquar

Likes Dirt
A very exciting event!
Hope it goes well, it'd be great to have a series like this next year. It is my
first event so I'll be in class C on a White and Red Jekyll If anyone needs someone
to complain with on the climbs back up. ;-D
Also registered in C grade, it's my first event as well, but I will definitely be there complaining, cause we have to go up those hills 3 times. :(.

The sandy spots will make it a bit more interesting, and yes, any idea on the numbers so far?

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Hey Andy, if a series was to eventuate, what other venues do you see being suitable?
I have a few ideas about where a series could be staged, but alot would depend on other stakeholders and the like giving approvals. The key is getting the formula right, particularly with the timing systems, and the riders being happy with processes etc.

Happy to hear input from riders as to where you think additional races could be held.

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
just signed in, i too am black daddy excited Eyes! never riden there, hope i don't get cought out by this sandy business. will those that have riden there before have a big advantage over those that haven't?

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Like any event like this there will be some advantage to those who know what is coming up next. Would recommend you try to get out there prior for a role around.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's ok eyes, I'm a weird dude on the Internet too! I like covering myself in molassas and letting a sheep lick me.
Baaahahahahaa

just signed in, i too am black daddy excited Eyes! never riden there, hope i don't get cought out by this sandy business. will those that have riden there before have a big advantage over those that haven't?
There is a few sand pit traps on Sargents that can catch you out - but the other tracks don't have any real traps for first run challenge!

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Baaahahahahaa

There is a few sand pit traps on Sargents that can catch you out - but the other tracks don't have any real traps for first run challenge!
Agreed with the second part of Eye's statement. :pirate:

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Stinky where is the rider breifing going to be held? The email I received today says its at 8.30 but then we need to be ready at the start of courses by 9am.

taquar

Likes Dirt
I haven't recieved an email yet. The event page hasn't been updated, so I assume the start times and all will be emailed out?

I think I need to buy a new helmet as well. :(

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you havn't received you update email yet and have entered contact Stinky ASAP something may have gone wrong.

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
I haven't recieved an email yet. The event page hasn't been updated, so I assume the start times and all will be emailed out?

I think I need to buy a new helmet as well. :(
This is from the PDF I received today via email.

Great Escape Gravity Enduro

Participant Briefing

Welcome to the inaugural Great Escape Gravity Enduro. This is a new format of racing that
combines the fitness and social aspects of trail riding with the fun of racing a bike down a hill. The
goal of this event is to test a simple but effective formula that can be progressed into more regular
racing at a later date. It is hoped that the simplicity of this formula will mean that clubs and other
promoters can see how Gravity Enduro racing can be done effectively, which will mean more events
for the riders.

Please keep this in mind throughout the day and your feedback is welcome.

Race Format

The 3 timed stages will be run on the below tracks.

• Black Rock
• Bovine Groove
• Sargents (starting from below the log section)

Each of the 3 grades will start at 9 am on the 3 different tracks. Once the first allotted track
has been completed, the category will all start on their next allotted track. The order of
tracks to be ridden will be published after the close of entries.

Results will be based on the total cumulative time across the 3 tracks; the lowest time in
each category will be the winner.

Should a participant miss there allocated start time, the clock will start. The race director
may choose to waive this penalty in extreme cases (e.g. where medical case has delayed
racing). Mechanical and fitness issues will not be given any allowance in the start time.
Riders may use any of the trails or fire roads within the park to make their way back to the
top with the exception of those used for timed sections.

Black Rock and Sargents finish underneath an inflatable arch located in Secret Valley.

Bovine Grove stage finishes at a pop up tent approximately 200m before the tunnel. Riders
do not need to go to Secret Valley after completing the Bovine Groove stage.

Timing

Riders will start each stage at 1 minute intervals.

Finish line timing will be manual and results will be compiled as quickly as possible after
each stage and posted at the registration area. Please do not talk to those timing at the end
of each stage. They need to focus on recording the time for the next rider.
Please make sure that your number plate is securely attached to your handlebars and visible
from the front.

Results will be based on total cumulative time for the 3 timed stages.

Schedule

7.30am Registration Open
8.30am Race Briefing
9.00am Start Stage 1
9.45am Start Stage 2
10.30am Start Stage 3
11.30am Presentations (approx. time)

Race Order

All 3 stages will be in use at the same time to ensure a quick day of racing for everyone. The below
table outlines the order in which each class will use each stage.

....................Black Rock, Sargents, Bovine Groove
Stage 1 ..............B..............C................A
Stage 2 ..............A..............B................C
Stage 3 ..............C..............A................B

Participants will start each stage in numerical order.

Medical

Trained medical staff from First Aid Assist will be onsite and mobile via MTB and 4wd. Medical staff
will be in radio contact with event officials and sweep riders. Should you come across a rider
requiring medical assistance please notify the nearest event official.

Should your run be interrupted due to a medical situation you will be given a re run of that stage
(including a lift to the top). A sweep rider will follow each category to ensure that all riders make it
safely to the bottom.

Food and Water

Participants will be required to carry food and water for the duration of the day. A feed zone will be
located at the top of Sargents, where additional water, ice blocks and energy supplements will be
available.

No external food vendors will be onsite. Spectators should bring their own food and water.

Access

Event car parking will be located on the right had side as you approach the entrance gate. No
participant vehicles will be allowed into the dam operating area. Participants are required to make
their own way to and from the event village area at Secret Valley.

A limited spectator shuttle will operate between the car park and the shoreline trailhead. This
shuttle will operate between 7.30 and 9.00am and a return from 11.00am until midday. Should you
anticipate that you need the spectator shuttle outside of these times please let us know in advance.

The spectator shuttle is for those without bikes only.

Contact Information

Ian Harwood 0404 326 169

Rebecca Harwood 0427 865 982

Should you have any questions please call on these numbers or e-mail

ian@eventmanagementsolutions.com.au