GX Eagle - shitty shifting solved!!

greendream

Likes Bikes
You can pm planko for a free spacer kit to try first if you want?

Worked on a mates bike, and so far no complaints from Greendream. I'm pretty keen to see if such a simple fix is actually viable so the more guinea pigs the better

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
My PM to the Planko:
"I fitted one of those little blue bad boys & yes, certainly an improvement. Almost eliminated the slop & the shifts up onto the larger cogs are much more responsive & crisp. Thanks again. Now to monitor how long it lasts. As an added bonus an annoying intermittent click I was hearing from the rear end has now disappeared. I think it was the b adjust screw making the noise when it comes into contact with the hanger. Anyway all gone now".

After about 10hrs of riding the fix remains effective.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fwiw I solved my my shitty gx shifting with a XT derailleur and shifter. Shifting is significantly better. Having said that the gx eagle casette is junk as well, i still get some ordinary shifts while waiting for the chain to find the right teeth ramps when dropping down the cassette..
I think it’s time just to get rid of all sram from the bike.. Tried to remove the cranks the other day but can’t because that stupid self extracting top cap fell off somewhere.. The mid range sram gear is very ordinary compared to shimano..

DbD

Likes Bikes
How's the long term durability of installing an XO1 or XX1 b-bolt in a GX mech? Has shifting stayed precise? Thanks!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
How's the long term durability of installing an XO1 or XX1 b-bolt in a GX mech? Has shifting stayed precise? Thanks!
I moved from a standard XX1 to a GX AXS, where the bolt assembly is identical to the XX1 (the only thing that changed on the AXS mech other than the AXS component of it) and its been rock solid. I know its not what you're looking for, but worth a 50 buck punt IMO.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah, it is. I still like the way SRAM shifts. I have Shimano 12speed on the Orange and its a clunkier system for sure - but the double upshift is still a winner.
"If something is described as permeant, it often means that it is capable of passing through some barrier or threshold—physical or otherwise—and then spreading out. In physical contexts, this often involves liquids and gases. " ;)

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Prob
"If something is described as permeant, it often means that it is capable of passing through some barrier or threshold—physical or otherwise—and then spreading out. In physical contexts, this often involves liquids and gases. " ;)
Probably not a property you would be looking for in a derailleur or any other critical bike part for that matter. Imagine a set of permeant tyres and wheels, would make long descents really exciting!