Hardtail Choice?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Another vote for the Cotic

Ritchey Timberwolf is another good option, and On-One 45650b is a bit cheaper.

Also Ragley options too..

Jpez

Down on the left!
How about a NS Eccentric. Mine is currently set at 140mm and makes a fun bike. Available in alloy or steel and at quite good prices. I bought mine as a spare trail bike that I could could use for some jumping and trials riding with a bit of commuting on late shifts. Steel frame and x fusion forks cost about $800 at time of purchase which makes a good resnable price build. Lots in funduro/hardtail thread.
A bit off topic maybe but I just received an Eccentric frame today. The frame is awesome. Can't wait to build it up. Can't say the same about NS BIKES CS.
CRC have been out of stock for quite awhile and then the date got pushed back another two months.
I emailed NS to ask about delivery date and a few other questions. No response. Even after 5-6 emails. Almost went with another brand but stuck with it and got a frame from another shop.
I then go on their FB page today and look at their reviews and there are a bunch that can't get derailleur hangers and can't get a response from NS. so they basically have an expensive ornament.
Not sure I would have actually bought it if I knew their CS was non existent.
Food for thought.

Ubernerd

Likes Bikes
Got a SantaCruz Chameleon which is awesome all round fun. Takes 26 and 27.5 wheels, single speed, (currently 1x10). Setup with 120/140 revs and dropper. Maybe selling it after breaking my elbow. Dont want to but dont think ill be riding enough to warrant it and my dually.

So many awesome trail/AM hardtail frames available now though.
Hey mate, I have an older chameleon. I've been look at the roomy clearance and been wondering weather or not 27.5" wheels might squeeze in there. Have you tried it? Or do you have a newer chameleon sold with 27.5" in mind?