Hardtail Frame options in Raw

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
I have done a search but all the posts were outdated. Currently building a Slopestyle bike and was going to get the Killswitch but I am having more than a few issues trying to get my hand one so I might just build a hardtail for now.

What are the best Boutique raw frame going at the moment? I've been out of the game for far too long!! I would prefer not to Raw my own frame as I am lazy and don't want to kill the warranty.

Cheers for the help guys.

P.s. I should also add that I would want to run BMX profile cranks

illbike. or you can just get a frame you like and raw it. if you get a trans colour they usually peel off pretty easily with a bit of paint stripper.

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
We have the new Majesty Raw/Blue frames in stock. They look pretty pimp

Also have the Suburban Raw Orange frames in stock too
Thanks trials guy. The Chrome Suburban caught my eye actually.. What warranty do these frames come with? Are the blue NS Suburban decals just stickers?

The Raw MOB is perfect looking frame. Would I have problems running Profile BMX cranks in either of these frames?

Sorry for the n00b questions I've been way out of the MTB scene for too long.

Last edited:

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No problem running Profiles. I'd say that its not a sticker either, looks like paint. Could be wrong.

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
Thank you guys,
I am in Melbourne would there be any stores at all that would stock the Chrome Suburban or the Blk Mrkt MOB?

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
The MOB is a discontinued model it was last produced in 2010, the only chance you'll have of buying one is if you go 2nd hand. The MOB has since been replaced with the Edit 1, and the Riot was replaced with the Malice.

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
The MOB is a discontinued model it was last produced in 2010, the only chance you'll have of buying one is if you go 2nd hand. The MOB has since been replaced with the Edit 1, and the Riot was replaced with the Malice.
Thanks you mate, that Edit 1 in Raw looks sick and I am reading up on reviews. Would love to ride one but I think that's optimistic.
This frame with white 831 Kashimas and gold profile hubs would look pimp! I think I may have finally found my frame unless a cheap small Killswitch comes up between now and then.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
The Fox 831 only comes in Black there is no white 831, personally I think the 831 is an overpriced and overhyped fork. Fine if you're a 4X racer but for sole DJ purpose there are much better options like the Manitou Circus Expert or the Rockshox Argyle RCT or even a Rockshox Reba.

Another frame available in a Raw finish is the Dobermann Supremacy, available through Blonde Bikes https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blonde-Bikes/140240732742736

Last edited:

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
The Fox 831 only comes in Black there is no white 831, personally I think the 831 is an overpriced and overhyped fork. Fine if you're a 4X racer but for sole DJ purpose there are much better options like the Manitou Circus Expert or the Rockshox Argyle RCT or even a Rockshox Reba.

Another frame available in a Raw finish is the Dobermann Supremacy, available through Blonde Bikes https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blonde-Bikes/140240732742736

That is spot on!! I could have sworn I've seen white kashima 831's somewhere.

Thanks for the link to Dobermann they look the goods!

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
Sorry for the late reply.
Not many stores will carry the full range of colours with the NS Majesty and Suburban, but they can order them in for you. Or go online at www.ribbed.com.au/store

The frames all use Euro BB so Profile cranks are no problem and all frames are paint not stickers.

Another thought would be the new Octane One Void: $399 and the same Geo as the Suburban (Its NS Bikes sister brand)
They do a sweet Gold Colour: In stock www.ribbed.com.au/store
These are stickers too...

And a sweet Raw Limited: In stock www.ribbed.com.au/store

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
Sorry for the late reply.
Not many stores will carry the full range of colours with the NS Majesty and Suburban, but they can order them in for you. Or go online at www.ribbed.com.au/store

The frames all use Euro BB so Profile cranks are no problem and all frames are paint not stickers.

Another thought would be the new Octane One Void: $399 and the same Geo as the Suburban (Its NS Bikes sister brand)
They do a sweet Gold Colour: In stock www.ribbed.com.au/store
These are stickers too...

And a sweet Raw Limited: In stock www.ribbed.com.au/store

My antivirus is blocking Ribbed for some reason but I googled the Gold Octane and it looks like the frame for me. Pay day next week could possibly see me with a new project!

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
Ok I will eventually turn this into my Octane build thread but until then what parts are we thinking? Once again I am from BMX so I know nothing. I will be running Profile Elite cranks and Plastic Animal Pedals.. Profile Elite hubs front and back but I'm not sure about Rim? Are Dartmoor any good? I'm not a weight weenie and I do have hard landings from time so I need strong rims... Suggestions?

Bars are also I know absolutely nothing about in terms of MTB so what are some suggestions on solid MTB bars I am 5'11" and will be running a small frame.

Ok I will eventually turn this into my Octane build thread but until then what parts are we thinking? Once again I am from BMX so I know nothing. I will be running Profile Elite cranks and Plastic Animal Pedals.. Profile Elite hubs front and back but I'm not sure about Rim? Are Dartmoor any good? I'm not a weight weenie and I do have hard landings from time so I need strong rims... Suggestions?

Bars are also I know absolutely nothing about in terms of MTB so what are some suggestions on solid MTB bars I am 5'11" and will be running a small frame.
depends on fork height and the frame geo. the octane has a high-ish bb, ns proofs and districts are my recommendation,

if you run a rigid id go the district as its steel, but i run mine on a low suspension fork and its great, also the district uses a bmx stem so you would be familiar with all the good stems in bmx already.