hardtail frames wat r the best

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
chris wilson wrote:
I heard some .243 frames have bent head tubes and are pore quality.

I heard they all do/are.
WHY dont we ask someone who has one like naz or norco_dave...

wingy

Likes Dirt
DYJK said:
chris wilson wrote:

I heard they all do/are.
WHY dont we ask someone who has one like naz or norco_dave...
Mines not, Fiddlers isn't, pretty sure naz would of mentioned it, stinky dan loves his, mmm, can't seem to find any reports of bent/out of line head tubes and generally a neat weld is a good weld. Let me know if there is any reports of that problem as I would seriously be interested.
They are good value and killer strong. They even ride alright....

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
wingy said:
Mines not, Fiddlers isn't, pretty sure naz would of mentioned it, stinky dan loves his, mmm, can't seem to find any reports of bent/out of line head tubes and generally a neat weld is a good weld. Let me know if there is any reports of that problem as I would seriously be interested.
They are good value and killer strong. They even ride alright....
ask naz to measure his. And Dave Musgrove. Maybe even ask squid for his opinion- if you dare.

G

get a minitman.....they take a flogging and they are pretty light too.....a tidy bike and strong as they come.

naz

Criminally Inane
well im runnin a fork that would scare most duallies let alone a hardtail. and i havent encounted any problems. and i do stupid things on my bicycle

fiddler

Likes Dirt
Bent Head Tube ..... my arse!!

I can't see anything wrong with mine. Seems to me this is just another poor attempt at 243 bashing.

If it is bent then it must be by a bee's dick, because I don't seem to be veering off at funny angles when I am riding. In fact I am riding better on this bike than any other I have owned.

As for POOR quality (pore?) I agree with Wingy, a 243 is a fine piece of workmanship. Sure beats one of those mass produced, below award wages, sweatshop bikes.

S.

ex offender
DYJK said:
cough cough...
I heard some .243 frames have bent head tubes and are pore quality
Amm welli think you should pm Daver he seemed to know a lot about .243 frames and yesi think they do have poor quality control. They are not bent head tubes but more out of line... :)
I haven't seen or heard of a single one that's at all out of line or "bent". Including my own.

Daver said:
chris wilson said:
I heard they all do/are.
Please tell me you're joking... poor quality? Come across a lot of broken ones have ya? Or maybe you just dislike having geometry that actually works well?

As for bent head tubes, anyone spouting crap like that (and believing it) has to be mentally retarded. Even $100 Kmart bikes manage to get that right.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
OK. I am just repeating what i have been told by several staffers of a local shop who ride/sell and are sponsored by .243. They can remain nameless unless they really need to speak out. So far they have had 2 frames that they have sold where the headtube is not square to the seatube- eg on an angle to the side. One of these frames is owned by a prominent member of farkin.

In terms of poor quality have a look at the welding. Yes for the money it is fine, but compared to other hardtails it is pretty poor. The geometry is fine, and the deign is fine. Nothing new, just cheap strong frame at a good price.

k8ttle d8 k8n

Cannon Fodder
hardtail pride

hardtails r sick. to choose 1 u need to know how u gonna use it. jump/street hardtails generally have steeper head angles, very low stand over height, very short wheelbase and made of cro-mo or thick aluminium. heavy as all shit = strong as all shit. eg .234 racing, orange hitman. north-shore hardtails have slack as all shit angles and long wheelbases. eg norco north-shore hardtail line. 4x r in between the others. biggest diff is that they are heaps lighter. eg orange misisle.

find ur flow, know how u wonna ride, test ride as many bikes as possible. its all bout gettin the bike set up 4 u

wingy

Likes Dirt
In terms of poor quality have a look at the welding. Yes for the money it is fine, but compared to other hardtails it is pretty poor. The geometry is fine, and the deign is fine. Nothing new, just cheap strong frame at a good price.[/quote]

Welds? Your kiddin. Poor compared to which other hardtails? Those in the "I'll just mortgage my house again" category? Cheap and strong with good geometry and at a good price, I'm sold.

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Please tell me you're joking... poor quality?
Whati think he means by poor quality is poor quality control...correct me if i am wrong chris.. cause .243 are excellent quality.

S.

ex offender
Daver said:
OK. I am just repeating what i have been told by several staffers of a local shop who ride/sell and are sponsored by .243. They can remain nameless unless they really need to speak out. So far they have had 2 frames that they have sold where the headtube is not square to the seatube- eg on an angle to the side. One of these frames is owned by a prominent member of farkin.

In terms of poor quality have a look at the welding. Yes for the money it is fine, but compared to other hardtails it is pretty poor. The geometry is fine, and the deign is fine. Nothing new, just cheap strong frame at a good price.
Fair enough on the first point, but I'll wait till I see evidence.

Welding? Mine are pretty straight and clean... remember this is steel, it doesn't look the same as aluminium welds.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
DYJK said:
Please tell me you're joking... poor quality?
poor quality conrtol would be better.

DYJK said:
.. cause .243 are excellent quality.
yeah, and huffy's are great DH bikes. Face the facts, they are not excellent quality. But they are cheap, massproduced, overpopular and solid. Sortof like No frills ice confection (.243) to Sarah Lee triple swirl(balfa, 24, banshee, orange, intense, BMW).

fiddler

Likes Dirt
Even though it is one itself?
Okay, I stand corrected...... it's just not mass produced. However, I still can't see anything wrong with my bike and I still think it's a great bike to ride.

OK. I am just repeating what i have been told by several staffers of a local shop who ride/sell and are sponsored by .243. They can remain nameless unless they really need to speak out.
Why not..... haven't they got the minerals.

I heard they all do/are.
So far they have had 2 frames that they have sold where the headtube is not square
Okay, so let me get this straight..... Daver, your initial comment that all 243 frames are out of alignment is based on the fact that 2 frames (out of all they have sold) purchased from the local bike shop are faulty. On the otherhand 4 riders on this forum haven't had a problem with theirs and I'm pretty sure Dhr208 is happy with his. Sorry mate, the numbers don't add up.