Heaps of Norcos now on Graysonline

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
1 day to go

Lots of good deals on norco, truvativ stems & posts, forks and some sram gear. Melbourne pick up

racerm

Squid
The Range 3 seems like a good deal at $1378 (incl the 15% buyers premium, and providing no one bids... hehehe)

can anyone confirm that this in fact a good price as I cant seem to find many purchase items for this bike in Oz?

I was thinking of getting a Trance X2 as my next bike, but the Range seems pretty good.. any advice?

digbyj

Scooteria
The Range 3 seems like a good deal at $1378 (incl the 15% buyers premium, and providing no one bids... hehehe)

can anyone confirm that this in fact a good price as I cant seem to find many purchase items for this bike in Oz?

I was thinking of getting a Trance X2 as my next bike, but the Range seems pretty good.. any advice?
I'm pretty sure there was a couple on bikeexchange? The problem that was brought to my attention in another thread is I think there's still a reserve price so it's gotta meet reserve first, I'm not sure about that though.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Yeah read the small print on that Grays stuff. I think there is a 15% sellers surcharge, not sure about GST and they have very strong rules about the window of pickup times and such.

Some good deals to be had for sure but some stuff to be aware of also

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
All I can say is thank fark Advance traders are now importing Norco cause Pacific Brands just about killed the brand in Aus. I'm guessing this is the last of the crap Pac Brands couldn't sell.

Minlak

custom titis
The problem that was brought to my attention in another thread is I think there's still a reserve price so it's gotta meet reserve first, I'm not sure about that though.
I have used Greys a little bit and in my limited experience if its unreserved they state as much to increase interest and the bids start lower "much lower".... So these MAY!!! have a reserve but even if they do throw a bid in you might win :0) .... if you look carefully there is usually multiple of the item listed say 2 -5 of each so you can bid on 1 or all of em ( 1300 x 5 = $6500 then btw not 5 for $1300)..... Only thing to watch is they offer no assistance at all at Greys if there is a fault (warranty issue) your on your own to sort it.... And make sure you allow the Buyers premium too in this case it is 15% on top of sale price.

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
Only thing to watch is they offer no assistance at all at Greys if there is a fault (warranty issue) your on your own to sort it....
I used to buy shitloads of stuff from them despite double shipment costs... then, a high priced product (Phillips Head Phones) failed a few days and it's bugger all... Not gonna pay "sellers premium" for shits like that.

It's OK to buy from them if it's less than $10 all up. Otherwise, the LBS support is indispensable... and that's where I'll pay a premium!

moorey

call me Mia
GST is included in the 15% buyers premium. Heard good and bad from friends. Buyer beware I guess. Good luck if you go ahead.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
I'd get some bits and pieces but why are these always pickup only? And in Melbourne? Someone mentioned Pacbrands last load, they were in Melbourne, don't know if it was Sandy tho.

msbhvn

Likes Bikes
I'd get some bits and pieces but why are these always pickup only? And in Melbourne? Someone mentioned Pacbrands last load, they were in Melbourne, don't know if it was Sandy tho.
Wow havent logged on here in 8 years :)

I just rang them to check a few things, though it says pickup only you can send a courier to collect on your behalf, all the courier needs is a written letter of authorisation, a copy of your licence and the winning confirmation. You can use any courier (personally I'd use Transitexpress as they are always cheapest).

I think im going to buy some new forks, at that price who can complain!

Hope this helps!

markus84

Likes Bikes
I picked up my Truax bike today from them

Worked out well, got it for the minimum bid price

Walked into the warehouse to see somewhere between 150-200 Norco bike boxes stacked all over the warehouse so I reckon there will be more auctions coming up again as I a lot didn't sell in the end

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Sue Morphett is an idiot

Given there is a lot of Pac Brands stuff there, this could be a cause perhaps?

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-...-considers-takeover-offer-20120110-1psb8.html
PB plummeted when they moved manufacturing OS. They thought they could get as good for a fraction of the price, which they didn't. The supply was ordinary, quality crap and cost reduction negligible. The killer is people stopped buying Bonds, King Gee, Holeproof, etc. All she managed to do was export jobs and give herself and PB a bad name. Yeah I was one of those retrenched. I still remember looking through the intranet at all the new shiny bikes with very significant employee discounts. Back then tho I didn't ride, what a waste...

The captain of the Exxon Valdez could do a better job. Let's hope she didn't have a hand in designing those bikes...

Sorry for raving on.

Rasatouche

Likes Bikes
So pumped, go pick up my truax tomorrow and a few cheap parts ($9 stems who can complain?). If only I needed some new dh forks, saw the boxxer world cups go for under $500 is nuts

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
My local dealer told me that the order was pacific last order for Norco, Pacific wanted the new guys (Advanced traders) to pay for the shipment but they said it wasn't there responsibility so Pacific had to come up with the funds. Only good thing with this order there was several Truax's in the order when Advanced Traders will not be importing them. They will be only bringing in the DH, AM, XC bikes no shore bikes.... I would have bought myself a Large Truax this year... but it looks like now I have to get a AURUM!!!!

markus84

Likes Bikes
My local dealer told me that the order was pacific last order for Norco, Pacific wanted the new guys (Advanced traders) to pay for the shipment but they said it wasn't there responsibility so Pacific had to come up with the funds. Only good thing with this order there was several Truax's in the order when Advanced Traders will not be importing them. They will be only bringing in the DH, AM, XC bikes no shore bikes.... I would have bought myself a Large Truax this year... but it looks like now I have to get a AURUM!!!!
So essentially, for at least some time, I've got one of only a handful Truax's in Australia?