fletchog

Likes Dirt
Crusty old bastard

How old are you? 52
What state do you live? Bellarine Penisula Vic
How long have you been riding?since 1986, had about 10 yrs off until late 2011
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC
How often do you ride? 4-5 times per week
Tell us about your bike/s? Have had quite a few over the years, race bike is a 2013 Trek superfly 100 with XO gripshift, 2010 Giant XTC 1x10 for the bike trails, S-works tarmac sl3 for the road. Also have a 1987 steel frame with 6spd XT and 1997 S-works M2 stumpjumper
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? not from cycling
Do you compete and at what level? . Race with GMBC and do a few other events around Vic, have gone up to B grade this yr
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? XC enduro, trading
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? riders at races who are fit and fast, blast off at the start then stop everyone behind them at the first slight obstacle, learn to ride or move off the track for the ones that can.

russell1600

Likes Bikes
better say g'day

How old are you? 38
What state do you live? NSW
How long have you been riding? on and off 24 years
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC (BMX in the younger days...ahh those were the days...)
How often do you ride? 1 week on average..unfortunately
Tell us about your bike/s? Cannondale Scalpel 29er 2 Carbon, 09 Spec Stumpy, Oppy A4 roadie, a restored alloy Apollo built as a camper, and I still have my Wilkerson Airlines Riot WAL BMX hanging in the shed:thumb:
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? nope
Do you compete and at what level? compete? - no, enter events - yes
Any cycling highights worth posting? my young bloke riding and entering races with me
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotor burn? Mainly XC/Enduro but usually have a sticky-beak everywhere..
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? More PROPER bike lanes on roads and more legal trails, surrounded by escarpment and bush lands and yet no legal trails..

Last edited:
How old are you?
55years old

What state do you live?
Vic

How long have you been riding?
17 years

Whats styles of riding do you do?
XC, trail / enduro

How often do you ride
2x per week on average

Tell us about your bike/s?
Giant Trance advanced SX 27.5
Specialized camber com carbon

Have you had any significant bike related injuries?
Various majors resulting in joint replacements in all major joints right hand side

Do you compete and at what level?
Only against myself and age these days

Any cycling highights worth posting?
Nothing for mtb, was a super cross champ back in the day

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn?
Vets

Whats your biggest or favourite rant?
Bloody dodgy fox shox

How old are you? 42
What state do you live? Vic
How long have you been riding? Since I could walk. But became more fanatical about ten years ago
Whats styles of riding do you do? Commuting, road and Xc. All of them badly
How often do you ride? Everyday to some extent
Tell us about your bike/s? Yeti Big Top, Yeti ASR-C, BMC Roadmaster, Hoffy fixie, Saronni beater.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Not yet...
Do you compete and at what level? No but its part of the plan for the new year. Did come second in a country town race when I was 12 though. On my dad's fixie in 1983, so ahead of the trend!
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Vets and trading so far
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Dumb-dicks riding with their helmets on their handlebars. What is the point of that???

Not sure what he means either Enthusiastic Novice, but best not to mess with him; he is a Senior Member and probably means every word he says!

Not sure what he means either Enthusiastic Novice, but best not to mess with him; he is a Senior Member and probably means every word he says!
Agreed, no point getting my bike shorts in a twist, it might just be senior member speak for 'have a nice day'. And if Mr Knuckles is having a go, he's welcome to, that face speaks volumes...

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Looks like a pocket post with a phone. I've sent SMS's that look like that.
He's probably not even aware that he's posted it, hence lack of reply to your query.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
At the risk of becoming repetitive j ex ndksjhbfllapucnekpondnuis dkoqmxiur jidndopx. As the young folk a wont to say. :thumb:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
and dropping hints on how to intimidate neighours... i like the wood chipper and carcass idea..
Hahaha.

Should I be concerned you know the constituents of eggless custard? You're not a card carrying member of that insidious cult, moorey belongs to, are you?

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Hahaha.

Should I be concerned you know the constituents of eggless custard? You're not a card carrying member of that insidious cult, moorey belongs to, are you?
fuck no.

was curious so googled it. actually seems a lot of custard powder is egg free - so i may have inadvertently eaten it, but would have been with full cream full fat milk, none of that soy shit.

quin66

Likes Dirt
How old are you? Just about 48.
State? NSW.
Been riding on and off since 93ish
Style is xc and trail.
Not riding as much as would like due to living in the Eastern Suburbs but try for 2 a week.
Own a Cotic Soul,its my bike,its a good bike.
Cracked a couple ribs commuting to work going to fast on ice.
Only compete against my bike.
Every ride is a bit of a highlight
I like to check it all out.
I rant about my kids to much really.
Laters.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

L4M3G4M3R

Likes Bikes
How old are you? 44
What state do you live? Victoria.
How long have you been riding? All my life on and off, but got back into MTBing a year or so ago.
Whats styles of riding do you do? Predominantly XC
How often do you ride? A couple times a week in summer, rarely in winter.
Tell us about your bike/s? 2014 Giant Trance Duallie, 2013 Giant XTC 29er HT.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Not really...few srapes and bruises.
Do you compete and at what level? No.
Any cycling highights worth posting? Nup.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Newb area for now!
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Not much for fanboys...prefer logical argument.

How old are you? 31
What state do you live? NSW
How long have you been riding? Since 2, MTB since 15
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC prefer going down hills
How often do you ride? 3 times a week
Tell us about your bike/s? Gaint Anthem
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? No
Do you compete and at what level? HECK YES very competetive at Level: Fat guy will ride for doughnuts category
Any cycling highights worth posting? Had a foes weasel stolen once, riding with a double THR

markb84

Likes Dirt
How old are you?30
What state do you live?NSW
How long have you been riding?18 years
Whats styles of riding do you do? AM. Lazy XC. Cowardly DH
How often do you ride? 2 times a week
Tell us about your bike/s? Nomad carbon and a nicolai bmxtb
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Broken arm, broken ribs, cracked vertebrae, splintered knee, broken toes
Do you compete and at what level?no
Any cycling highights worth posting?rode with Martyn Ashton once. I mean, we rode together but that was on the flat section, then the normal ones amongst us just kind of watched him be awesome
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn?trailbuilding and parts
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Anything involving 29ers that I can get involved in.

Sent from my iPhone