Helmets - are you really covered?

akashra

Eats Squid
For anyone in Melbourne, and I presume the rest of Australia, Specialized are having a good promo on helmets at the moment; Trailmix are doing SWorks helmets for around half price; BikeNow are doing a promo whereby you can trade in an old helmet and get a new SWorks or other helmet for 50% of retail.
It might seriously be worth taking up - especially if you're in that uncertain "am I covered" category.

I took this up so was using a nice shiny new SWorks helmet at Nationals on the weekend.

Binaural

Eats Squid
So does that means that they'd ship with the stickers, and if not (which I suspect would be the case) can it be used here even if the helmet has passed but there's no sticker?
You can always rip one out of old helmet if you're worried about raceday inspections - they don't reference a brand or model, and are just a piece of foil.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
For anyone in Melbourne, and I presume the rest of Australia, Specialized are having a good promo on helmets at the moment; Trailmix are doing SWorks helmets for around half price; BikeNow are doing a promo whereby you can trade in an old helmet and get a new SWorks or other helmet for 50% of retail.
It might seriously be worth taking up - especially if you're in that uncertain "am I covered" category.
Will they accept helmets without the Standards Australia sticker? :p

Nmag

Likes Dirt
Yes i read the add.

It appears to read "will not comply" when I think the actual fact is "may not comply", or more in fact is "will not have a sticker on them that indicates it complies, but most of them will anyway, so who gives a shit, and it will be better than no helmet" but we will make a big add about it as a way of advertising ourselves. I wonder if they got some funding to help with the add?