Help/advice needed on Marchocchi forks

Ty

Eats Squid
Gutty said:
jayboy882003 said:
i got bomber MX-Comp forks from Marz and i love em... they got 110mm travel and they were cheap too..

And i am SO STOKED for you...........even though it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this thread. :roll:
i am officaly calling out jayboy882003 as a post whore.

It is better to stay quite and be thought a fool,
than to open your mouth
and remove all doubt

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Ty said:
Gutty said:
jayboy882003 said:
i got bomber MX-Comp forks from Marz and i love em... they got 110mm travel and they were cheap too..

And i am SO STOKED for you...........even though it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this thread. :roll:
i am officaly calling out jayboy882003 as a post whore.

It is better to stay quite and be thought a fool,
than to open your mouth
and remove all doubt
yeah, shit happens..... lol

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
125PHIL said:
yeah im pretty sure the old skool MR T's have the old style disc mount were u need a special adaptor, we have a set at work that are brand new, i think there wicked but no body wants them because the bolt on arch doesnt allow for big tires, like only skinny ones only, ......
but there rare and a wicked fork, id get them if i were u!
can you pls find out how much those forks are?
what model? id love an old new pair of Marzocchis especially

Dicky

Punter God
125PHIL said:
yeah im pretty sure the old skool MR T's have the old style disc mount were u need a special adaptor, we have a set at work that are brand new, i think there wicked but no body wants them because the bolt on arch doesnt allow for big tires, like only skinny ones only, ......
but there rare and a wicked fork, id get them if i were u!
as it's a bolt-on arch, these things can be fixed... i know there was a 'big tyre upgrade arch' available for the old chrome with purple decals Monsters (can't remember what year - goin back a fair way though).

or just get your local bike shop or machine shop to make an arch with more clearance.

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
Chewy & Raid:
yes we are selling the forks, but as yet no sure how much and what yeah model, there a brushed alloy finish with red/ black sticker on them, they are brand new but had them set up on a bike, but never used and had the seter cut at all, so thet were pretty much just sitting in a bike, but due to the tire clearence issues we opted to bold in a set of boxxer races.

Dicky
it is a bolt on arch and it could be easyly fixed for a fat tire by either machining up a new arch or god forgive file the marzocchi CNC machined one down, but we didnt want to do it as the crown artwork!

will get back later on price and model...but untill then make an offer!
as they need to go from my garage,
but if not ive got a nice light waight freerider it would go perfect on!

CHeers big Ears :D

Dicky

Punter God
any possibility of posting pics of the actual pair of forks in question?

how do they compare in stiffness to a, say, current model pair of DJ-1 QR20s?
(cos i've got a pair at the moment... :D:D)

and yeah, you wouldn't want to file down the original arch. that would be blasphemy :)

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
Dicky said:
any possibility of posting pics of the actual pair of forks in question?

how do they compare in stiffness to a, say, current model pair of DJ-1 QR20s?
(cos i've got a pair at the moment... :D:D)

and yeah, you wouldn't want to file down the original arch. that would be blasphemy :)
2 be honest i havent rode them, coz there new as and yeah the bike it was getting built up 2 hadnt been finished and i stopped work when i hit that problem, so i dont know how stiff they are, i got the DJ1s as well and there ver stiff, but not as stiff as Oz free riders shermans......dang, but the MR ts i think arnt the 32 mm stounchon, as they are a light wight DH fork . And yes ill get some fotos and post them, in the next few days....