Help with rigid fork decision plz..

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
Ok, don't hate coz I,pm not in the whole suspension forks thing.. I've come from a Bmx background and just love the feel of a rigid even at 32yo still!!

I'm expecting a new banshee amp frame to turn up any day now and this build is all about pump track and Bmx track work with stiffness in mind!!

I know I'm gonna get haters with running a rigid on alum. but... it's my build so before u go hating and putting in your 2 cents worth of why I shouldn't go rigid and all of that think about the likes of GT, Commencal, Scott that all run a rigid fork..

I really need some help in choose the right brand and size fork to bring down the front end as much as possible. They say you can go down to 80 so my question here is,

What fork on the market is available that I can actually buy..

I've checked out so far

Blk Mrkt tech 9 can't get
Boberman tchokr ??
NS RNS 2012 maybe a little to high??
Identities rebate, any good? Who sells then in oz
S&M pitch fork these are made for Blk mrkt right??

I'd like race this thing on the track too and I'd ideally like the gap between the top between the top of the tyre and start of the crown to be at a minimum if at all possible....

Your help gents would be much appreciate as I'd like to place a order ASAP but which ones...

Bupton

Likes Dirt
I'm not "hating" here but from what I can tell from the banshee website the AMP frame is only designed for used with a travel fork?

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
I'm not "hating" here but from what I can tell from the banshee website the AMP frame is only designed for used with a travel fork?
Been chatting with the distro, yes more so as its super stiff to begin with... but adding a rigid to the mix WOW extra extra stiff. He mention it'll rail like anything, be some crazy fun for pump track and as I'm getting back into more and more track work, it's gonna be one hell of a weapon in and out the gates!

All banshees to date that I've seen, are running with suspension forks but I've never been one follow, I'm keen as a mofo man. Back in my Bmx days I was riding a alum park pre with chromoly forks a bit different I know as in size but let's run with this... And it could very well be the first amp with rigids....

And still, help please... With the size /brand of rigid I go with...

I won't get cocky in saying money ain't a thing but ... I will say, fun is the name of the game :) lots and lots of fun ahahhaaha

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
Identiti Rebate $139.99

http://www.velogear.com.au/identiti-rebate-forks.html

Axle To Crown Height: 425mm

nice thank you!! super cheap too!!

I've heard mixed reviews on these... or is that the dartmor ones.. where by the drop outs crack/break... anyone like to shed some light ...

also, NS RNS do one in a 428mm and are 1.26g while these are up to 1.42g...

at this stage the NS look to be the better option in weight not in price.

NS are $200 +shipping while these Identiti are $139.99 +

please keep the idea's coming.. Anyone got and ridden with the Identiti or NS?? or any others for that matter ...

***Frames at depot in syd. awaiting shipping up to me as of last night :) can't come quick enough***

racebmx

Likes Dirt
I have the old blk MRKT forks, now sold as 26" pitchforks. So good and never had a problem. Had them for about 5yrs. Have a brandnew pair sitting next to me as we speak. Can be had for less than 200 delivered from the US if you know where to look. ;-)

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
I have the old blk MRKT forks, now sold as 26" pitchforks. So good and never had a problem. Had them for about 5yrs. Have a brandnew pair sitting next to me as we speak. Can be had for less than 200 delivered from the US if you know where to look. ;-)

Nice, Carter Holt is sooo shyt with customer. Service it ain't even funny. Tried buying a blk Mrkt years ago, S&m made most of his stuff aye.. Now u can't buy anything off there website blk Mrkt that is.. Tech9 at 414 super nice fork...

Where.. Where.. Where... Please in lighten me..

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been running RNS, never had an issue, although I'm not usually breaking forks... They are light tho!

Keep in mind if you go too low your bike will ride like crap, (most) mtb frames just aren't designed to have low forks

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
I have been running RNS, never had an issue, although I'm not usually breaking forks... They are light tho!

Keep in mind if you go too low your bike will ride like crap, (most) mtb frames just aren't designed to have low forks
I've been looking at the NS RNS 2012 fork, it's the 428mm one, super easy to get too ex Sydney New. Which one have you got and height??

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
You can get the Tech-9 from the USA, Cambria Bike have them for $149.99US + $50US freight to Aus

http://www.cambriabike.com/Black-Market-Tech9-Rigid-Fork.asp

Another fork that hasn't been mentioned but has been around for decades is the DMR Trailblade

Suspension corrected to 100mm travel fork, A2C 440mm

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/DMFMRN3TB/title/dmr-trailblade-3-rigid-disc-fork-9x100mm

Thanks for that, sent a email off for the Blk mrkt tech 9's, I've noticed they state 9x100... Thought they come in only 2 sizes... 395 and 414mm ...

Frame turned up this morning.. hell yeah :) the build quality on this thing really needs to be seen in person aye!!

Attachments

414mm is seriously low, the amps are designed to run a much higher fork as they have more dirt oriented geometry and a really low bb, your cranks are going to be very close to the ground and the geo will not feel right.

identiti rebate xl will be the go, suspension corrected rigid fork (465mm a-c), accepts 20mm axle hubs, same as the rebates that are known to be good forks, just longer.

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
414mm is seriously low, the amps are designed to run a much higher fork as they have more dirt oriented geometry and a really low bb, your cranks are going to be very close to the ground and the geo will not feel right.

identiti rebate xl will be the go, suspension corrected rigid fork (465mm a-c), accepts 20mm axle hubs, same as the rebates that are known to be good forks, just longer.

Hey Singlespeed, Howz things mann? Knew u'd drop in on this sooner or. Later Hahaha

Tech 9 outta stock anyway as per email:

Thanks for emailing us.

The fork we have listed is the 414mm version in black only and takes a standard QR hub.

Unfortunately our suppliers have it on backorder and there is a good chance this exact one might*

no longer be available.

We are going to remove it from our site temporarily until supply and replenishment gets sorted out.

Is there anything else we can check on for you instead?

Sincerely,

Mike Eary
Customer Service
Cambria Bicycle Outfitter

So no good. Seen the identiti for $150 + shipping but the lower one, as gonna be more. Pump. And bmx track work would like to keep it as low low as possible, got the Lbs looking into a angled crane Creek heads... See what they come with as the new head tubes tubes tubes are tappered..

Other than that, if you know of anywhere that have actually stock please let me know as most places places advertise but don't hold or have any stock of said items..

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Give the Aus importer a buzz, there may be some in the warehouse or a dealer of theirs may have a pair on the shop floor

Elite Cycle Imports (ECI) Australia

(03) 9735 9911

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
Give the Aus importer a buzz, there may be some in the warehouse or a dealer of theirs may have a pair on the shop floor

Elite Cycle Imports (ECI) Australia

(03) 9735 9911
Thank you, I'll give them a call first thing tomorrow after after which if they don't have.. I've found some new identiti rebates :)

racebmx

Likes Dirt
Eci stopped Importing blk market. Cheapgoodsbmx.com should have 26" pitchforks in stock. They are quick to post and you pay a PayPal invoice.

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
Eci stopped Importing blk market. Cheapgoodsbmx.com should have 26" pitchforks in stock. They are quick to post and you pay a PayPal invoice.

Yep, no stocks anywhere from. The actual distros here in Oz! Got one of the best Mtb shops in Queensland on to it, got back to me about forks today, no stock. Shame really but after chatting to him, going with the Identiti rebates dirt jump fork 425mm, rake of 36.7mm should be all good as I. Managed to find a few sets online - order placed this arvo and paid for!! also looked into a cane Creek angle head set but as the dame steerer is 11/8 they don't do it in that particular size. Anyway sorted now, should receive fork next few days.. then it's to the shop for my parts to all get fitted on. All that I'm needing and now on order:

Cane Creek headset
Forks
Brake. Lever
Maxxis DTH 2.15

With some luck.... should be all together by next week, check back I'll post pics for sho

:)

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
keen to see how you go getting it set up, not many guys are running rigid without a bmx style setup these days. should be light!