Highland Fling

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
shattered... i found out on the weekend that i have a wedding on the saturday of the fling weekend :( sucks, cos it's a big wog do and there's no way i could back up for the sunday... really wanted to fling after hearing so many good things about it last year...

anyway, weird that the fling opens up before the corc24 when it's a whole month later in the calendar...

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Done and done... entered first thing this morning. Probably going to camp there this year.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In & accomodation booked. No festy tent for me this year! I'll be resting in 3 star comfort.

Pete W

Likes Dirt
Now this injury/not riding caper is getting old...very old
This is the best race of the year and I've got 4 months to recover and train:mad:

n plus one

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In which category does one enter a single speed cyclocrosser?

I guess Alchemist will know...

(EDIT looks like cyclocross is gunna' have to do - entry completed)

Last edited:

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
I'm in the half for third year in a row...and karyn the casual event...:D

know i could do the full if i focussed just on bike stuff....however half a dozen tri's on within same time of fling ...so will be mixing it between the swimming and running it also...

for those looking for accomodation the pub is pretty reasonable and not far from the start line....however book now if you want to stay or have dinner in the pub as the town book's out well before the event....

we're probably going to camp this year... :cool:

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Entered for the first time! Looking at the program there's no provision noted for rego on the morning of the race- meaning you have to drive down saturday?

rex2

Likes Bikes
Entered for the first time! Looking at the program there's no provision noted for rego on the morning of the race- meaning you have to drive down saturday?
It looks like a draft schedule, rego on the Sunday is normally 5.00am - 6.30am sharp. Nice and early!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Don't hang around!

Just a heads up that Wild Horizons had 350 entries within the first 24hrs of opening entries, so better not leave it too long before getting your entry in!

Cheers

Fi

Dug

Likes Dirt
Hoooly shit... Nilly forgot about that.

Full day fling (Takes me all day ) Trying for a 6 hour ride time this time..:rolleyes:

Thanks

Delmar

Likes Dirt
It looks like a draft schedule, rego on the Sunday is normally 5.00am - 6.30am sharp. Nice and early!
Thanks for that.

Yeah it's early, but I could get up at 2 for the dirve down and still get more sleep than if I camp...:-(

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Me too!

I'm down for the "imperial tonne" as well, it was by far the hardest MTB challenge I've ever attempted last year, with better form since then, bring it on this year! Whoo hoo! :)