Highland Fling

Ricardo68

Likes Dirt
The timing system missed my Specialized stage time giving me a DNF. A quick email with my best guess for the stage plus stopping time and it's all being sorted.

I'd prefer an accurate official time but no big deal, I know what time I did. I'm sure they're under the pump on this one ... just send an email and let them do their thing :)
I've changed my mind. Wildhorizons can go fuck themselves.

I sent the email, was told it would be sorted by last Friday, Friday came, still DNF.

I sent another email, they said it would be sorted ASAP.

I got the email from Fiona Dick, final results to be posted Wed night (last night). The "provisional" has been taken off but I'm still "DNF."

These guys obviously don't give a shit, they've got their entry money and the kickbacks from the locals for forcing us to register the day before and have forgotten about it ...

climbo

Likes Dirt
you know what time you did, they can't guarantee 100% accuracy in the timing system, what's the big deal? It's a fun event, well run, don't hate !!

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Indeed Dreggsy.

Wild Horizons can't be held responsible for the actions of a third party. They like you, are suffering because of the poor work of the timing contractors.

They've had to sort out dozens of timing issues just like yours, but do you see those dozens of people whining in public.... no.

When you get the full story behind what has been happening (to which I am privvy, but I am not a part of the organisation), I trust you will offer unreserved apology.

and the kickbacks from the locals for forcing us to register the day before and have forgotten about it ...
Next he'll claim WH were involved in the AWB scandal... I'd delete that if I was you... might be construed as slanderous.

Last edited:

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt

I got the email from Fiona Dick

These guys obviously don't give a shit, they've got their entry money and the kickbacks from the locals for forcing us to register the day before and have forgotten about it ...
Harsh and nasty words there man, I'd take a chill pill. Unless you were in the running for a podium, who cares anyways? You know what time got, surely that's good enough. Results, reschmults, it's just a pdf file, is that all that matters (if so, edit your own copy if the pdf ;))?
If your name is Gordo, then maybe you would be upset, but even then, Gordo would never put on a slanderous name calling tantrum like that.

Life's too short man, chill, it's about the ride afterall, and the ride was gold ;)

BureauMan

Likes Bikes

I sent the email, was told it would be sorted by last Friday, Friday came, still DNF.

I sent another email, they said it would be sorted ASAP.

I got the email from Fiona Dick, final results to be posted Wed night (last night). The "provisional" has been taken off but I'm still "DNF."

Yeah maybe a lttle over the top but I do sympathise. I don't think you need to Gordo to warrant a recorded time. This event is an expensive. You're buying a product, if they fail to deliver it's Wild Horizons responsibilty. At the end of the day, others are right, it doesn't really matter, but I think Wild Horizons should take responsibility for the the running of the event - they are the organisers - and offer a refund.

I loved the event by the way but for us poor campers the number of toilets provided were rediculously small. Man these guys must make some money out of this. Good luck to them.

Dug

Likes Dirt
Harsh and nasty words there man, I'd take a chill pill. Unless you were in the running for a podium, who cares anyways? You know what time got, surely that's good enough. Results, reschmults, it's just a pdf file, is that all that matters (if so, edit your own copy if the pdf ;))?
If your name is Gordo, then maybe you would be upset, but even then, Gordo would never put on a slanderous name calling tantrum like that.

Life's too short man, chill, it's about the ride afterall, and the ride was gold ;)
Best comeback Ever:eek: