Hmba Rd2 Results Dh Only

baron

Likes Bikes
It was a guy called Nathan and his wife/girlfriend (i guess) at the bottom and i think it was Justin's dad doing the start (i'm guessing again).
We had a few issues with the electronics but our superior brainpower (sarcasm) saved the day. We ended up using a stopwatch and a system of smoke signals and carrier pigeons. It worked a treat.

grubby

Likes Dirt
a big thanks must go to those that gave up there time to do the timing. without you the race doesn't happen so thank you.

i hope that all enjoyed the variation for the weekend. with any luck we can hopefully come up with a few more throughout the year.

squirel

Likes Bikes
A big thanks to all that assisted with the day and especially the timing, plus all who raced too it was a fun day and some good racing. "A" grade had a healthy turn out minus a couple of regulars nursing injuries.
Big shout out to the results king up the same day. Thanks a million Steve.

lucky13

Likes Dirt
yeah that was me doing the timing at the bottom, with craig lamb's(#208, or buster 12 on here) girlfriend (she was the brains, i was just the hungover bloke pressing the button).

was no probs at all ,happy to help out, hopefully i'll be racing next time.

peace.

Last edited:

noballz

Likes Dirt
Out of curiosity, why is there only one run? Most of the other club races have two runs with the best time counting.

Thanks

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not many people are up for that many pushes up the hill. Plus we don't want to get offside with our volunteers.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Actually, we have tried two runs a few times with the second run being optional (best run counts).

What we have found is the majority of people don't take the second run.

As far as volunteers go, to actually do the second run only takes an extra half hour or so with the numbers we get. The reason we don't do it is the riders don't seem to really want it.

I'm assuming thats because no one wants to push back up for a second race run??

DNF

Likes Dirt
Actually, we have tried two runs a few times with the second run being optional (best run counts).

What we have found is the majority of people don't take the second run.

As far as volunteers go, to actually do the second run only takes an extra half hour or so with the numbers we get. The reason we don't do it is the riders don't seem to really want it.

I'm assuming thats because no one wants to push back up for a second race run??
yeah, we took a 2nd run after our race run anyway, more due to the fact we dont often ride killy and thought we would make the most of it while we were there, but i mainly did it for myself, to try and correct the wrongs i made in my race run.
i'd definatly take the 2nd run if it was offered, as i'm never completly satisfied with my race runs.
and as jimmy said, definatly puts less presure on the rider not to crash, if it happens then they can throw that run away.

Last edited:

hillbilli

Likes Bikes
Personally, I think having 1 race run, prepares you for better results down the track because it makes you think about your run and how you are going to do it, where to pedal, where to be safe, and where to attack the sections that you have dialled. Of course it would be good to have another run when you stuff up, and I also would love 2 runs, especially if it was at "MONKEY".

sammydog

Moving the racing to monkey is to be discussed next week at the club meeting.

Actually, I will start a separate thread to discuss that shortly.

To start with though, until we get it down pat at the new venue, one race run will probably be the go. Having said that, there will be more practice time due to being held separate to the XC.

mrduke

Likes Dirt
Excellent work getting the results up quick. Only one suggestion for next round,could we have a bigger gap between riders. I ended up catching the guy in front of me by the new section of the track,don't know whether he had an off or something but just a bit hard to overtake someone and stay on at same time. Other than that had a ball as usual.:)

tompeeping

Likes Dirt
monkeys

sammy is the monkeys track kid friendly on the b lines or is the level of ability required a lot greater than that of killi

sammydog

It is a lot harder than killi. We are working out B-Lines for the super technical parts.

The other option is we run D-Grade from the half way point and cut out the tech stuff at the top for the kids.