Hold My Beer... The Mawr Orange Sour Ale Edition

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You can't really see the blisters on the bushing cap but trust me it's genius.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
You can't really see the blisters on the bushing cap but trust me it's genius.

Yeah I have some, they just didn’t strike me as awesome. Don’t mix alcohol with drug’s btw

Oddjob

Yeah I have some, they just didn’t strike me as awesome. Don’t mix alcohol with drug’s btw
Yeah alcohol and (d)rugs are very bad. Especially high grade speed and anti-nausea tablets.

Anyway, back on topic. Compare to the old school RS ones and the bushings they use.

The shock mount hardware doesn't allow any side to side lateral movement. Also, the Teflon coated du bushing doesn't allow for any twisting force as the frame flexes.

The Fox setup allows both of these by having the IGUS bushing and the o-rings and blisters on the bushing cap to allow for lateral movement. It essentially does the same job as spherical hardware but much more simply.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Haven't they been doing that polymer bushing for years?
Maybe but it's the first time I've seen one up close. I'm running lots of offset bushings with the burgtec IGUS bushings. Has the benefit of the flexible bushing but doesn't allow for the side to side movement.

Oddjob

Oh look, more shiny bits.

PS finding adapters for 220mm discs is a giant pain in the ass.

On the other hand the Uberbike braided brake line kits are very nice. N.b. you need to buy an extra set of Formula barbs for Cura 4s. I also have a set of Uberbike racematrix pads for these. Should be beastly.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Oh look, more shiny bits.

PS finding adapters for 220mm discs is a giant pain in the ass.

On the other hand the Uberbike braided brake line kits are very nice. N.b. you need to buy an extra set of Formula barbs for Cura 4s. I also have a set of Uberbike racematrix pads for these. Should be beastly.

Cura 4s, RaceMatrix pads and 220mm rotors? Are you working at a fricken train yard!?!?! :eek: You face is gonna fall off when you grab the anchors!

Last edited: