NSW Hornsby Trails going ahead *Press Release*

Blitzen

Likes Bikes
Had a go at the new track today, great fun and massive thanks to all the people involved! you guys did a great job, well done

I made a bad decision to keep the Manly Dam set up for this ride, the rears were way too soft.. not enough ground clearance and pushing wide on all the hairpin climbs, better next time!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Had a go at the new track today, great fun and massive thanks to all the people involved! you guys did a great job, well done

I made a bad decision to keep the Manly Dam set up for this ride, the rears were way too soft.. not enough ground clearance and pushing wide on all the hairpin climbs, better next time!
What bike were you on?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
'13 Reign 2

black with green yellow graphic? if that's you it's the only reign i remember seeing there today.
met and chatted for a bit with a guy on a '13 stumpy evo with companion on a merida.
and 2 other guys one on a orange hardtail and the another in a yellow shirt on a black something dually.
plus a 3 kids one of which was riding an old avanti hard tail and his mate who had some flat problems.
quite a few others on track today.

my02

Likes Dirt
Agreed. Rode there on Thurs arvo. Great for skills practice. Looking forward to the next section!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First blood to OMV, no idea how I got out of shape on the wooden sections leading into Turkey Royale this morning. They don't tickle, fortunately my knee didn't cop it so I can go out again tomorrow.
The bike was fine.

IMG-20130105-00657.jpg

Last edited:

nickz

Likes Dirt
A few, including me, have come into that over the rock section too hot! I missed the tree thankfully.

I love this trail. Went there the saturday it opened and have been trying to get there as often as i can since. Huge effort by synergy to the work thats been done and still continuing hopefully the rest remaining will be as equal quality. Other councils should take a leaf out of Hornsbys book and implement such facilitys that are in demand and of equal standards as the Synergy crew have used. (I hope you guys get more work from the result of this project.)

I find while there 20% of riders are hitting the black run with the log and chute and 80% riding the blue loop which is interesting. The log is a challenge to get onto due to the rock step up and tight turn onto log itself but its a great feature.

Had fun out there this morning and will continue to do so :Banane09:

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I find while there 20% of riders are hitting the black run with the log and chute and 80% riding the blue loop which is interesting. The log is a challenge to get onto due to the rock step up and tight turn onto log itself but its a great feature.
Thats the whole idea!

Do you think that the 80% are doing the blue loop becuase the log section is too hard?

I actually like both sections. I rode them both twice today.

lol im not sure if they think its too hard (althought i have seen some beginners freak out around there)! The blue is a lot more flowing but I also enjoy both but prefer a bit more tech challenge myself so I tend to do the black more.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
i got no problems with the black side.... other than getting over that rock onto the log its a good challenge though, it's very fun and tech, but i prefer the flow of the blue and not missing out on that super fun left hand banked hairpin just before the trail merge.

The black runs are not A-lines so they are not faster ways around but more of a challenge.

Motorhead

Likes Bikes
Rode it for the first time yesterday & seeing it's within riding distance of home I'll be heading there a lot so can't wait for the other sections to be opened.
Stage 1 has the best flow of anywhere I've riden. I thought it might be too short but it's interesting enough that you can keep knocking out laps & even redo sections if you want.

leeroy_83

Likes Bikes
Rode here on Sat morning and had a ball. Great to have another area to ride. Good work in putting it together and looking forward to the other lines.

darrenjm1

Likes Bikes
Well Done!

I grew up in Adelaide where I was spoilt with the quality of trails. After riding in Sydney for a few years I had lost a lot of motivation to ride my Mountainbike. After the first 5 minutes of riding OMV I had that excitment of riding exceptional well thought out trails again. OMV, although short at this stage, is up there with some of the best trails in the country. Well done to the trail builders.

Hit it up again today for a few rides.

Still in love with it. I'm very proud of myself being able to ride upto Quarry road without stopping! Win!

Really learning new things on each trip down at the moment.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
I grew up in Adelaide where I was spoilt with the quality of trails. After riding in Sydney for a few years I had lost a lot of motivation to ride my Mountainbike. After the first 5 minutes of riding OMV I had that excitment of riding exceptional well thought out trails again. OMV, although short at this stage, is up there with some of the best trails in the country. Well done to the trail builders.
Well said. I was feeling the exact same way... (except for living in Adelaide)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2