NSW Hornsby Trails going ahead *Press Release*

i know this is agonising and that must be worse being able to hear it... is that a figure of speech or do you live there?

i've seen a bunch of times logged on strava this morning. riders from as far as collaroy... and some locals. i suppose people not on sites like this would not be aware, but the signs are still out.

i'm staying away until tomorrow by principal. i had my ride there by invite the other day and will respect the request to stay off until cleared. but for now who wants a video of the trail?
Yes I live here

ChopSticks

Banned
After 5 years of lobbying It's here and I'm heading down.... Hope it's actually open today!!!!
absolute pleasure riding with you today mate !

sorry if i held you up :)
really looking forward to the GoPro footage of me nearly stacking it :D

thanks once again for all the work you and th Synergy boys have put into this awesome track !!!!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went out this morning with the lads, it's so sweet. The laps aren't long but loads of fun.
Close enough to ride every day, should help me shed some pounds. I was too far behind to get in any shots, you're going to have to scratch up that SB-66 one day Norm:evil:

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
Went out this morning with the lads, it's so sweet. The laps aren't long but loads of fun.
Close enough to ride every day, should help me shed some pounds. I was too far behind to get in any shots, you're going to have to scratch up that SB-66 one day Norm:evil:

I actually love the short loops (means you can get back and refresh from your car)

really looking forward to riding with you again Dave !
hope youre okay with todays heat !

the SB is already scratched....well the lowers on the forks are :eek:hwell:

glad you had a chance to jump on the SB and rethink your opinion of it :)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Hornsby Trails - fantastic track....Incredibly bad video

this is probably one of the worst put together vids i have ever done. but here it is... somehow i screwed up the encoding and we ended up with this boxed in view, i'm reworking it but this will give you an idea of the track!

https://vimeo.com/56178033

Edit* here is the new edit

http://vimeo.com/56283000

Last edited:

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
this is probably one of the worst put together vids i have ever done. but here it is... somehow i screwed up the encoding and we ended up with this boxed in view, i'm reworking it but this will give you an idea of the track!

https://vimeo.com/56178033
Nice one Banjo.

Hope I didn't hold you guys up too much today, my handle isn't ironic at all though many expect it to be so.

I'm back there on Boxing day morning super early.

Mike95

Likes Dirt
awesome work by the synergy guys. Just got back from my first ride out there & still buzzing. The trail has a bit of everything & is a heap of fun.
Think ill be back tomorrow

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Where abouts is the best place to park. Might head up there boxing day.

Cheers

yeah as Fatman said, along quarry rd... but go further down from the houses to where you see the trail sign on the right. they want people to park down that way away from the residences just to keep any noise down. once the trail is OFFICIALLY opened (up to council now) they will have signs up about it, but for now it would be good if we can all get out of the habit of parking or gathering after/before rides at the fire road entrance. it's hard because that's the end of the climb to the road, but try to keep it in mind if your heading down there. have fun... might see you there!

markb84

Likes Dirt
Qudos to all those involved in the scoping and building process. The Hornsby trails are fantastic. Some of the features are amongst the best I've ever ridden. Well done guys, great job, an amazing contribution to mountain biking in NSW

turkey

Likes Bikes
nice trails, over thought but well built...

just need the flow into the some of it to increase, with possibilities of bigger lines to open up... just like copperhead at buller

looking forward to stage 2

merry christmas

The track is begging for rain. It needs to be bedded in nicely but even though most people will stay away I bet some peanut will be out there. :closed_2: