How do you fix cranks?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18757
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18757

Today my freewheel died, and I am going to Monster skate park tomorrow. I have taken off he chain as a quick fix until I can get to a bike shop and buy a new one. For now I am just going to go chainless, but is there any way to fix the cranks without welding?
*Fix as in unmovable

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
lol you ever riden with fixed cranks.... try it, and you will realise how much you move your cranks when you bunny hop and well do anything..

andi cant think of any way to do it, with out wrecking your BB.

sawtell

Zip ties and duct tape......just do a super job of attaching one crank arm to you rear chain stay
good idea, didnt think of the two most used items in my tool box!!

even better, use sercurity zipties, the ones that have metal wire in side them so they dont stretch/cut..

other wise you culd use a wormdrive hose clamp, to clamp the crank arm to the chainstay.. but it would scrath the hell out of the crank arm and frame.

sawtell

Not if you put some inner tube around the contact areas :cool:
that what i thought when i used a chainguide bottom roller as a tensioner for single speed.. the vibrations and movments, along with the sharpness of the steel clamp cut through anything and wreck your frame lol.. especialy if its an alloy frame.. personal experience.

probaly only beucase i did it dodgylike. :)