How do you hold your beer?

Mopageboy

Likes Bikes
I don't have a car, I switch between semislick tyres and my MTB tyres to commute. After a win at work I decided to pick up some beers along with dinner on the way home. Unfortunatly there was not enough room in my bag for beers and dinner. So I had to balance my beer. Lucky it was only a four pack, But I found that a "backhand" grip on my handlebars suited me for the short ride home.

I once saw a guy riding his bike with a slab of beer on his shoulder riding along the footpath... no helmet no less...

How do you carry your beer on your bike?

callum1

Likes Dirt
carton. siting on the top tube resting against the front of the seat, one hand on bars and the other to stabalise the carton. i just have to cock my knees out to pedal.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Mum used to work in ICU, and she once looked after a lad who was riding home on his moto with two six packs zipped up in his riding jacket. He got hit by a car and all the bottles smashed. Guess what happened next?

Staunch

Eats Squid
1. Buy a slab.
2. Open it and pull out the 6-packs.
3. Tetris them inside your average-to-decent sized backpack.
4. Ride to your destination and proceed to consume alcohol 'responsibly'.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Hahaha! Best thread! I do like the "back hand" too. Also, if bourbons....left hand resting on left knee going up and down. That way the bourbon that settles on the bottom of the can is nice n mixed by the time you get home. Let stand for few mins and enjoy!

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Hahaha! Best thread! I do like the "back hand" too. Also, if bourbons....left hand resting on left knee going up and down. That way the bourbon that settles on the bottom of the can is nice n mixed by the time you get home. Let stand for few mins and enjoy!
2 birds win :dance:

neo_vitamin

Likes Dirt
Mum used to work in ICU, and she once looked after a lad who was riding home on his moto with two six packs zipped up in his riding jacket. He got hit by a car and all the bottles smashed. Guess what happened next?
Lesson learnt - only to this with cans. Goon bag even safer

dcrofty

Eats Squid
In a placcy bag dangling from one handlebar and the Chinese takeaway in another bag off the other handlebar to balance it up.

bj4x4

Likes Dirt
[video=youtube;OTQBzCaqYWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQBzCaqYWE[/video]

This guy has it sorted

nonch

Likes Bikes
Reminds me of this:

The Evolution of the Crumpler Bag:

It’s 1992. A young man sits hunched over his grandmother’s old sewing machine in a shed in Ballarat, Australia. He’s trying to get the machine to sew through a truck tarp, so he can make a bag strong enough to carry a slab of beer home on his bike. Grandma may have helped with the prototype, but it was a parachute-maker who in 1993 really helped Stuart ‘Stu’ Crumpler on a path to making better bags.
From http://www.crumpler.com/au/FAQs.html