How do you stop kids and newbies wrecking new jumps!

djryder

Likes Bikes
At our local downhill there is a flat open area at the bottom with a great run in for jumps and because of the great conditions there has been jumps there for yonks. These jumps were always amateur jumps, until now when me and my mates made them all huge and carved them like skate ramps.
The day we come back to see if they have dried they are all smashed, well they are still there but are all now little kids tabletops. How do we stop the kids wrecking them do we simply make a small set of jumps next to ours for them for them to wreck?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Yep I would definitely try and put a range of jumps there so that people of all abilities can ride something and are less likely to change your ones.

Barrett

Likes Dirt
1. Make them so big little kids can't be bothered moving them.
2. Put logs and shit under the dirt so they are very hard to move.
3.do what was said above.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
These jumps were always amateur jumps, until now when me and my mates made them all huge and carved them like skate ramps.
Maybe thats the problem right there. Could it be that people were happy with them how they were and didn't like what you had done to them?

Why not leave them alone and build the new ones seperate to the existing jumps.

LIAM?!

Banned
We had jumps and these kids came down on there green machine's and wrecked the shit out of them!! they got the council to destroy the jumps and now the kids have moved out... so I dont know man, just best of luck, agree with what has been said!

beno

Cycle Solutions
Gotta look at it both ways, you were pissed when somwone ruined your hard work, but on the other hand you built up a set of jumps that had been there for years and were a known quantity. Id say build your own jumps from scratch, dont modify other peoples work!!

scblack

Leucocholic
Gotta look at it both ways, you were pissed when somwone ruined your hard work, but on the other hand you built up a set of jumps that had been there for years and were a known quantity. Id say build your own jumps from scratch, dont modify other peoples work!!
Bingo!!!!!

They were there for years before YOU touched them.

I'll bet the people whose jumps you wrecked are pissed off!

If you want to call them YOURS, build from scratch.

Othe4rwise you are just bitching about what you did yourself.:rolleyes:

djryder

Likes Bikes
ok the jumps we made that where wrecked are doubles and are next to the old jumps. We had to clear alot of crap to make room on the side for our jumps. The kids pretty much made it so that now instead of there being a few big jumps there is a whole area of kids jumps. So now you see that it was not as easy as fixing the old jumps we had to make room for ours. Lastly these kids never even turn up to use any of the jumps.

Last edited:

Harry B

Likes Dirt
It's happened to me and alot of other people. Shit happens when it's not on property, you just gotta sniff it up and build them some where else if it happens again.

DH OZ

Likes Bikes
there are dirt jumps at Tahmoor which have 5 diferent levels
from kids 2 foot tabletops right up to about 2 meter doubles
these were built by the council as BMX jumps but MTN bikes use them just as much
these jumps are really looked after by all they are also very hard packed
(might be the secret)
they are also in view of the main road so any one driving past sees what is happening (may be another secret)
just try to get the word around maybe that might work
good luck in your ventures