How good are.....

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Roots, roots are awesome, why doesn't Australia have more roots? We need more jumps too, jumps are fun, we should build more of them. How good are old school grassy foot out turns with no berm? There should be more of them too, there's too many rocks here aswell, why are there so many rocks? Why are there so few roots?

moorey

call me Mia
Lay off the redbull, Topper:noidea:
Roots are fine if its not wet, they can fuck right off if its greasy.

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's the point of roots with everyone on 29ers now? What's the point of jumps cause 29ers don't use them? More to the point, what's with all the wet weather? Only knuckleheads ride in the wet and leave the destruction for the rest of use to ride or fix. I vote for more paved MTB trail - like in BMX, but with some roots for topper.

Zam

Likes Dirt
The wet weather has been welcomed out at Lystie, trails have soaked up that water like a boss and provided heaps of grip and kept the dust down....

moorey

call me Mia
What's the point of roots with everyone on 29ers now? What's the point of jumps cause 29ers don't use them? More to the point, what's with all the wet weather? Only knuckleheads ride in the wet and leave the destruction for the rest of use to ride or fix. I vote for more paved MTB trail - like in BMX, but with some roots for topper.
All good points. Maybe simulated roots even, made of the recycled plastic.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
More to the point, what's with all the wet weather? Only knuckleheads ride in the wet and leave the destruction for the rest of use to ride or fix. I vote for more paved MTB trail - like in BMX, but with some roots for topper.
The weather means I have had more time to ride, as for riding in the wet.... It's damn fun, mud going everywhere, borderline limits to traction plus I've been fixing the trail as its nice a cool, granted my home trail is mostly rock and crushed granite laced sandy soil, so it's wet for a bit then drains away real nice! As for roots they are a welcome challenge to any of my rides.

Tap tap taparoo

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Yeah roots are the shit! Greasier the better, wet muddy slip n slide pinball root sections. NB never replace roots with rocks, they are all sharp and hard, roots forgive, like a wise old man. NB 29ers make roots easier so they say, this therefore makes them illegal. We now have authority to hunt down anyone with big wheels, sit them down and have them repent. We must act now!

Last edited:

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Put the crack pipe down.
Questionnaire time for you;

1.What size wheels are on your bike?
a)massive ugly bastards
b)small little wheels
c)normal wheels used by men
2.Do you prefer
a)roots
b)roots
c)hard packed bmx trails that roll really fast with big wheels
3.jumps are
a)awesome
b)scary because my wheels are massive
c)best left to children

Please underline your answer.

Last edited:

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
I'm waiting for my new bike! All waiting and no riding makes me think of roots. And crack. And awesome jumps. And foot out grassy corners with no berms. Where's my bike goddamit!