How many bikes does a Burner own poll ?

How many bikes do you have in your collection ?

• 6-7

• 8-9

• 10-15

• 15-20

• 20+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I forgot to count my clown bike, 2 hipster bikes and the youngest Canary's 3 balance bikes.
And I wasn't sure if I should add the 3 kids bikes I have waiting to go to second youngest Canary's school bike library (that I fixed up from hard rubbish finds).
Do trikes count? I've got the trike I rode as a preschool kid too.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Vote to see the stats, then you can change your vote if you find another bike or two.

Bought, maintained and upgraded by you = yours.

@Plankosaurus the first to admit 20+ :)
Actually my son saved for most of his bike, I paid 30% of it. But yeah I'm on the hook for maintenance and upgrades!

Can you change my answer to 4 then please?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Do trikes count? I've got the trike I rode as a preschool kid too.
Awesome, that's fantastic.

If trikes count, I'm now at 12 bikes.

We have, as an ornament in the front yard, our girls trike.

All three, whose names all start with A (a big mistake by the way) rode it, and luckily our grandson hasn't spotted it yet, as he'd likely kill it.. because the plastic is way past its use by date.

Plus his name starts with B... it's just not on.

A Trike.jpeg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The only problem with lots of bikes is that you go for a ride and find out what you should have fixed after the last time you rode it 3 months ago.
Bugger forgot the brake pads !!!
Or you have the dreaded porous ceramic pistons in some of the Shimano 2 pots.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Had to go and double check... Thankfully (I think??) the count was lower than expected! (edit, probably because there's at least 4 frames in "one of these days I'll build them up" status)

Haha, in order of wheelsize & travel:
- Mini-Me's Cruzee 12, which she still blasts about on every now and then for a laugh.
- Mini Me's Early Rider Seeker 14, now a daemon on the pedals! - but still loves the mini bike parks where she can ride/push up then blast down/
- Shared Pivot Point DJ
- Shared Dartmoor Primal 29, poor thing is relegated to the trainer almost full time since the Marino came around. Still gets the occasional bike packing
- Her Trek Superfly HT 29, mainly used for bike packing and dreaded "training" duties
- My Marino Hammered 29 Hardcore Hardtail, 160mm forked 64deg HA fun for tame trails, commuting (on slicks) and bikepacking once (weighs as - much as my Ripmo!)
- Shared Trek FuelEX 29, mainly used by me for XC rides or lent to friends
- My Ripmo which gets most of the riding and still so fun with a few mods
- Her Spec Enduro which gets most of her riding

So 9 all in all. And have managed to avoid the call of a "Gravel" bike. I'd like to think I'd commute more if I/we got one, but then I realise we already have 3x 29'er hardtails in the shed!

It certainly helps that Me and She are only 1cm different in height, so can and do share bikes regularly. I rode the FuelEX for a few months almost exclusively while She "borrowed" my Ripmo in between the Spartan and Enduro. Reminded me how capable the FEX is, even if the margin for error was much smaller. Put a decent chunky set of wheels & tyres on, and it's a mini-Enduro rig. Put the lightweight set on and it will do a long XC day nicely. Hence why I can't seem to let it go! Haha, that and the very small crack in the frame which means I can never actually sell it in good faith :)

Now... Of to go and check my Strava Privacy settings are up to date!!!!

Last edited: