How to How to GoPro.... Bible

ozzybmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what type of chesty you running fellah
Genuine GoPro one from when I had the Hero2/3 so quite a few years old. Why do you ask ?

I'm near 50yrs old (47), got many kilos of good food and beer padding me out so the chesty was usually useless as it wobbles with any body fat or developing man boobs... the Hypersmooth 2.0 is miles better than Hypersmooth.
The video from a few days back was regular Hypersmooth.

Mega impressed with Hypersmooth 2.0.

ozzybmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was watching a pro MTB youtubers video about settings and he specifically said to use 30fps. Stated that all you're doing is using more storage for no good reason. Slow mo a different story of course.
Yeah Chriso, going to try and find a sweet spot on 30fps, I've watched a few youtube vids similar to your findings. Our TV, Movies are all 24-29fps... it has to be render settings.

binner

Yellow Underwear Person
Genuine GoPro one from when I had the Hero2/3 so quite a few years old. Why do you ask ?

I'm near 50yrs old (47), got many kilos of good food and beer padding me out so the chesty was usually useless as it wobbles with any body fat or developing man boobs... the Hypersmooth 2.0 is miles better than Hypersmooth.
The video from a few days back was regular Hypersmooth.

Mega impressed with Hypersmooth 2.0.
hahhh, i beat you young fella, 50 soon....... the reason I ask is I use to use the first version gopro chesty that bounced around like tits on a kardashian then I went the version 2 with the larger plate/surface area. I think its a lot more stiffer and better fit ..... for a while i was using a gimble aswell but ditched that once i had a H7 with hypersmooth

Chriso_29er

Likes Dirt
I ended up getting a Hero 8.
Been on 2 rides with it so far. First I ran wide angle in order to use the hypersmooth boost setting. Mega impressed even if the video was a bit off due to poor weather. Wide is not a bad angle for chest mount.

2nd ride I've tried superwide on the max hypersmooth this allows. (cant do boost).
This seems like a good compromise, giving you the wide angle and also allowing the terrain to retain a bit of character from the slightly more movement.