[HOW TO]Make your cassette tick louder.

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it worth risking your hubs life for extra noise?
Running no grease would be interesting, wonder how long it'd take for the bearings to get pitted.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think you need to edit your title "How to ruin a perfectly good cassette"

And it's hardly a tutorial... could have really summed it up in 5 words

"clean all the grease out"

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
SO YOU JUST COPIED IT FROM ANOTHER FORUM?!

Great!

Loud cassettes suck anyway. Itd drive me wild if I had a noisy hub. Freecoaster silence ftw.

FTW!

Kirbs

Banned

Great!

Loud cassettes suck anyway. Itd drive me wild if I had a noisy hub. Freecoaster silence ftw.

FTW!
Nah man I wrote it for people that want a louder hub. Search any forum and you will find a topic with people asking how to make it louder. I greased mine up so it isn't as noisy.

Kirbs

Banned
i have a stock shadow rant, and noisy enough as it is.

its bloody annoying
I have a rant aswell, I used to like it loud but after a week or two it becomes fucking annoying. Some people didn't think it but I was just trying to help a few blokes. O well.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Loud BMX freehub appeals to the same demographic as loud turbo blowoff valve.

Hey, maybe someone makes a freehub with a blue anodized machined aluminium trumpet flare for fully sik loud hubness.

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or you could just get a we the people hub. Thats probably the loudest hub around.

Leefy

Likes Dirt
give the guy a break

its for those who are interested in a loud hub, not for you blokes that have quieter hubs and have nothing to do than to rip on his thread he made for the ones that may be partly interested

yeah sure, i wouldn't do it, but i am sure there are a fair few that would

just shut ya gob

Dicky

Punter God
If you REALLY want to get noisy, carry out the same process on your front hub.

Do the bottom bracket too.

Mummy's paying for it, who cares right?

Last edited:

'Ross

Eats Squid

Great!

FTW!
Haha yer, took my wheel to shifter dan to get my odyssey hazzard hub serviced........now it is totally silent:eek: I could not believe how I took it in being fairly loud and with an annoying sound, now its quieter than my fixie. I like it better as loud cassettes get irritating after a while, every time you coast you are just hit with it.