[HOW TO]Make your cassette tick louder.

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i tried greasing up my old hub to make it quieter, but then its just used to slip cause all the grease was affecting the engaging

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
use a couple drops of nice, viscous (sp) olive oil for a good comprimise between clicks, and stealth-factor.

Azerin

Likes Dirt
Ya cant sneak around schools with a loud cassette.
yes u can, pick the bike up and run all sneaky like, looks more stealthly anyway lol

yeah i wouldnt do this, knowing me id just end up losing the parts to my hub lol. Besides mines plenty loud as it is, though i dont really notice it anymore, its just kinda become background noise for me.

NICK_J-LOVE

Likes Dirt
i am running graphite and bent springs in my demo....pritty noisy, but make sure you bend the springs evenly all round cause if you just bend it at one piont to make the diamiter smaller is goes like quiet click, the loud click...so on so forth...dotn do it if you dont need to though, my demp was slipping abit so that why i did it plus i love loud cassettes..yuo woulnt see ne in a school with 4 pegs at night so why not.

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey man, i took your advice and did this to my demolition anorexia, and now it's broken and won't engage whatsoever...? you'll pay to fix it, right?

Azerin

Likes Dirt
dude dont diss him, he's just chucking it out there for anyone who was looking for a way to make their cassette tick louder and there really is multiple threads on it on forums, you dont have to use it, its just there to prevent questions popping up.

Kirbs

Banned
dude dont diss him, he's just chucking it out there for anyone who was looking for a way to make their cassette tick louder and there really is multiple threads on it on forums, you dont have to use it, its just there to prevent questions popping up.
Was bound to get shit, But I don't really care. Thanks for that, It is pretty much what it's for. New they're would be fags that post up shit.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
It's nothing to do with "fags" mate, it's a dumb shit idea that will screw up your bike components and does nothing positive except impress other style tragics at the local skate park with how loud you tick.

It's a bit of a wank.

BTW, unless you're actively trying to get banned, the "fags" comments aren't a really clever idea either.

Last edited:

Azerin

Likes Dirt
It's nothing to do with "fags" mate, it's a dumb shit idea that will screw up your bike components and does nothing positive except impress other style tragics at the local skate park with how loud you tick.

It's a wank.

If you want to wank, use your hand, not your freewheel assembly.
it doesnt matter if it does nothing possitive for your bike, thats not what this thread is about. the fact is there are people who are interested in knowing how to make their hub tick louder, and this tells them how.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
It's like saying "grab a drill and cut holes in your frame" in a thread about making your bmx lighter. Yes, technically it's correct but at the end of the day it will damage bike parts.

If you buy a well functioning part that happens to be loud under proper use conditions, that's great. If you take a well functioning but fairly quiet part and stuff it up, purely in the interests of making it louder, that's stupid.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
It's like saying "grab a drill and cut holes in your frame" in a thread about making your bmx lighter. Yes, technically it's correct but at the end of the day it will damage bike parts.
Spanky personally, cant wait for the "speed holes" thread.......

Ned: Whatcha diddely-doin', neighbor?
Homer: Aw, putting speed holes in my car. Makes it go faster.

LOL

spanky

castillo

Likes Dirt
Search any forum and you will find a topic with people asking how to make it louder.
Such stupid kids should not be given the 30 seconds it takes to reply. If you want a loud bike, buy one with a motor. Fuck I hate bmx kids these days.

pointofnoreturn

Likes Dirt
seriously why wreck your hub for sum noise if you want a loud cassette geta wtp they r simply the loudest!!!! dont ruin ur hub for sum cool noise is this like the next pop of valve but for ur bike or summin? dont be a wanker!!!

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
seriously why wreck your hub for sum noise if you want a loud cassette geta wtp they r simply the loudest!!!! dont ruin ur hub for sum cool noise is this like the next pop of valve but for ur bike or summin? dont be a wanker!!!
might help if you used proper english, but i see your point. if you want a loud hub get a shadow or a wtp one.

also massive grave dig

Last edited: