Hurstbridge revival?

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Went and checked out Hurstbridge Downhill today as I had heard there was some there.
I KNOW its a big hike up the hill, but we may be able to get a car on the fire road for shuttles :p

At the moment, the top section is still there, but it would be much better if it continued all the way down.
Chainsaws, North Shore or Jumps, would people be willing to bring a shovel and lend a hand?

Its got a lot of potential, close to trains and all, just want to know if people would make the effort.

Cheers

Gravity Addict

Likes Dirt
hey, how tech are you planning to make the trails and the northshore?
and have you thought about talking to the council about funding?

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Well to cater for all really. I'm more of a flowy track person.
Yeah I have due to the fact we are trying to get plenty gorge legalized, they said it would take some time.

In case you haven't been there, there are logs everywhere, which would make some good northshore as they are all dead straight, pine trees.

Staunch

Eats Squid
I'm keen I guess, need something in inner melb.
Wanna PM me rough directions/info, I'll try and come down one weekend n check it out.

sedifus

Likes Dirt
Hey guys im with Jayden.
Theres a couple different tracks at the moment with varying levels of tech so its easy enough to cater for different levels. Holidays are when it will probably start to happen.

And for Exaclibur. Its not quite Inner melbourne but it will do.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Alright, let them know and I will get back to you with a ride day.
You able to bring shovel or something?

CrookS

Likes Dirt
try not to build northshore because that is the stuff the council will shut it down for. Every other track that has had northshore built has been closed down. Just stick to dirt rocks and jumps.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Yeah I know.
I've sent a thing through to the council asking if we can build/get funding etc.
Still waiting on a reply....

The only northshore there is a small ramp to get over a rock garden which you cant ride through.

CrookS

Likes Dirt
The council doesnt own that land. It used to be a pine plantation that was privately owned. Im unsure if the council will have any say at all. Comes down to any kind of structure that is seen will put it in jeopardy straight away. its a higher liability to have raised structures and noticeable jumps. So stick to natural terrain and keep the building to a minimum. I know there is alot of things out there you can still make a heap of fun without having to build too much. Dont want all your work to be for nothing when they shut you down. Not to mention the pressure it will put on everything else in the area. which rock garden is this the old one that has three sorta steps in it. ?? if you cant get through it learn how to.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
It's impossible to ride through.
It's half a metre of NS built into the ground.
It was already there, it's not worth moving.

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
Yer a friend of mine put it in its right at the top you can go left and drop off into a rock garden or go right and use the ladder to jump the rocks

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Did you up there Saturday?
I bumped into some riders at the station.
We did a bit of building along the wallride track which will make it more flowy.