Hypothetical question. Buying sram online

Z

Zaf

Possible, yes, if you know where to look (but the noose is tightening). Worth the effort, probably not. Best off trying to scope a deal from people pulling OEM build kits off new bikes to switch to preferred drivetrains/suspension/brakes.

Also, I believe Australia online retailers can still sell it to you, but you just have to pay our zonelocked price...so start by selling your firstborn child or a healthy kidney.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
re

I picked up a 10 speed mtb sram derailleur from bigish local bike store and was surprised at the price reasonabley cheap cheaper than online by a fair margin .
mentioned it to shop guy something about shop priced capped on items ? Or something to that affect .
Worth asking lbs

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just bought some avid stuff (v's) and had a poke around and sram stuff seems still shippable from jensonUSA

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have and some one said a "thanks AI" I don't know what that means
Hmmmm...then you would alread have the answers to your quest, and be patiently waiting the arrival of sram parts. Or (as I elected to do) abandon sram and try shimano for a significantly lower price. This isn't the path to happiness though, you really do feel the difference.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bike24 is still good, just received some SRAM red cranks and chains from them.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Bike24 is still good, just received some SRAM red cranks and chains from them.
You using a VPN? Last time I looked Bike24 won't sell us forks or shocks. They were blocked for a bit, then unblocked and now seem to be blocking again. No matter though as bike-components and r2-bike are alternatives and well priced.

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
i tried ordering sram cranks from the german sites.....denied, denied to aus and denied to dubai where i work occassionally too, same for merlin and wiggle
i bought shimano instead
dissapointing because i love sram, but fuck them

Nambra

Nope, ordered 1/2/17 arrived 9/2/17.
Got me curious now, as every time I change the country to Australia on bike24, everything SRAM comes up as not shippable to Australia. Did you perhaps leave the country as Germany and then put an Australian address in at the checkout?

sramgeoblockbike24.jpg

ozzybmx

Just had a lookie for experimental reasons, mine is now the same as yours with everything marked 'not shippable', this has only been recent as I just got one from them a few weeks back containing SRAM bits.

Attachments

Nambra

Cheers Ozzy, looking at the date on your order I think Bike24 had 'resumed' selling SRAM to us back then. They had stopped briefly, then started again (when you must have ordered) and now we're blocked again.

Bike components and r2 bike are still good though, and can be more competitive than bike24.

ozzybmx

Cheers Ozzy, looking at the date on your order I think Bike24 had 'resumed' selling SRAM to us back then. They had stopped briefly, then started again (when you must have ordered) and now we're blocked again.

Bike components and r2 bike are still good though, and can be more competitive than bike24.
Yes I remember bike24 had the geo block on us, then I was looking a compact crank for the roadie and all was good with them, so I ordered it. It was definitely in force around Nov/Dec time last year.

racebmx

Likes Dirt
Change country to Britain on chainreactioncycles.com. Add to wish list. Change country back. Add to cart from wish list. Worked yesterday for avid stuff.