I’m a bit late to the press fit bottom bracket party.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Mwahahahahaha HT2 is your friend, or xtr, or cinch, or.... actually anyone but sram.

Check out mtbr before getting the wheels manufacturing bb. There have been reports of problems.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Already own one WM Bb30. Bearing life is my gripe

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What’s a good price for replacement Hope bearings? Saw around $75 online.
Just the bearings? A pair of Enduros are less than that. If its the standard 24mm ht2 size, they are $25 from mtb direct.

John U

MTB Precision
Just the bearings? A pair of Enduros are less than that. If its the standard 24mm ht2 size, they are $25 from mtb direct.

Nice. I was searching for a ‘Hope’ specific part.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The PF inventors can die of the Black Plague as far as I'm concerned.

NDS cup has started to migrate out of the frame, as the junk plastic preload adjuster on the xx1 cranks is useless.

Time for something quality.

FFS. So many bikes, all need something done to them.

You have a bigger issue than just the shitty preloader. You have A Shit Frame. A properly toleranced frame will not eject the BB housing like that.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
You have a bigger issue than just the shitty preloader. You have A Shit Frame. A properly toleranced frame will not eject the BB housing like that.
From memory, was a tight fit getting the cup in last time, but will be scrutinised closely when I get time to look at it again. I've a feeling the preloader has failed completely, jumped its threads.

If it's out of tolerance, I guess I get to live the dream and turn up a PF BB.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Alright, I'm also very late to the press fit party. Mostly because I think it is a shit system that frame manufacturers are using to reduce their own costs, whilst forcing riders to return to dealerships to have parts replaced. But I'm a grumpy old man with fond memories of threaded standards. Long sigh

Anyway, there are some subtle signs my BB has seen better days, the gentle creaking, intermittent popping and occasional crunch. Also, there is rust spilling out of it.

I'm looking at buying a BB installation kit listed below.

I am confused by a few things. Firstly, this says it is compatible with BB92, whilst the Yeti website says my bike uses PF92. Is this the same thing?

Secondly, this says it is compatible with Race Face Press Fit, and all other systems using a 24mm spindle. I'm pretty sure Race Face uses a 30mm spindle, will this still work?

Also, fuck you press fit.

moorey

call me Mia
What RF cranks? They were all 24/xtype for the longest type, but most are 30 now. That looks 30/cinch though to me.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
What RF cranks? They were all 24/xtype for the longest type, but most are 30 now. That looks 30/cinch though to me.
They are Race Face Next SL, so I'm pretty sure they are 30mm. Any idea if the removal tool I linked will still work?

stirk

Burner
Alright, I'm also very late to the press fit party. Mostly because I think it is a shit system that frame manufacturers are using to reduce their own costs, whilst forcing riders to return to dealerships to have parts replaced. But I'm a grumpy old man with fond memories of threaded standards. Long sigh

Anyway, there are some subtle signs my BB has seen better days, the gentle creaking, intermittent popping and occasional crunch. Also, there is rust spilling out of it.View attachment 360111

I'm looking at buying a BB installation kit listed below.

I am confused by a few things. Firstly, this says it is compatible with BB92, whilst the Yeti website says my bike uses PF92. Is this the same thing?

Secondly, this says it is compatible with Race Face Press Fit, and all other systems using a 24mm spindle. I'm pretty sure Race Face uses a 30mm spindle, will this still work?

Also, fuck you press fit.
I bought a car wheel bearing press kit for installation so it has a dual purpose. Cheaper than what you're looking at.

Pressfit BB removal just involves some angry punches with a dowl or similar tool.

I installed a wheels manufacturing threaded replacement for the factory PF. Look it up.

No creaks for me now.

Above elink not 30mm but you get the idea.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
They are Race Face Next SL, so I'm pretty sure they are 30mm. Any idea if the removal tool I linked will still work?
Yup, that removal tool will work but the bits to push the bearings back in look to be for 24mm so will not work for 30mm.

Will need something like this, for 30mm bearings:

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Sooooo if I bought this:

And this:

Would that satisfy all of my wildest bottom bracket and headset removal and installation fantasies?
Will work for BB30 and DUB. However, the other tool is better suited for 24mm PF BBs (BB92/86)