I need to make my neighbors be quiet

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Also set up a DVR/camera to record your driveway/access/back fence/yard at frame a second.
This is the most important thing!

If you escalate, well that's your choice, but if they do especially if it comes to damage and vandalism of your property, having a recording of them red handed means the police will have evidence to lay some charges, magistrates can impose sanctions - especially against the landlord if they are renters, that certainly results in a change of circumstance. Even with evidence the police are lax at acting... any one a on the job here? advice?

Basically your fucked, parents have been going through this exact situation for ten years, police, local council and EPA seem to do nothing, even with all the surounding locals complaining. Move out and save you sanity and quality of life, or wait them out, they'll move sooner or later.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Willsy, I'm about 99% certain Eastie is just shit stirring. And doing a fine job of it.
Obvious troll is obvious......yes. It's really not THAT good a job. I've seen infinitely better.

That and you can never be too sure when it comes to people and them mentioning killing animals. There are many that seem to enjoy it....

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What you need to do is create an incentive for these people to move out.

my suggestions are both illegal but I (if properly annoyed) would cause their electricity bill to be enormous (this is not hard to do these days) - find a powerpoint outside their house and plug something that chews through the watts (in a safe way) in to run all the time. A leak in the hot water system? They wont notice initially - electricity bills go up all the time and no-one checks all their points frequently. Particularly if they are as wasteful as you say. But it will increasingly get more difficult to pay other bills and evenutally the electricity will be cut off. Or they wont be able to pay their mortgage or rent.

Likewise I would find where the phone cable runs and try to cut it in a way that cannot be pinned on you. It is incredibly fustrating to work with Telstra to get your phone line re-connected. It can take months and be expensive.

Think cost of living pressure - then apply pressure. Siphon petrol? You need to make it more expensive to live where they are currently and provide the incentive to move.
This would not be possible with the clown next to me. Because the dogs worked out how to get out of the yard by bouncing the gate he padlocked the gate several years ago. No one can get in and guess where the power meter is. Who knows what he has been paying in power bills for the last several years.

Cheers,
CBG.

Last edited:

DJR

Likes Dirt
Likewise I would find where the phone cable runs and try to cut it in a way that cannot be pinned on you. It is incredibly fustrating to work with Telstra to get your phone line re-connected. It can take months and be expensive.
You can be fined $10k for the above plus fees to fix, it's in the telecommunications act and is Telstra's property, not your bogan neighbour's.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I find trimming my trees at the front of my house in my boxers with a machette at strange times keeps my neighbours in check. Add a few other unusual behaviours to your daily life and you will be on a winner.

Maybe stage a big rowdy fight with another neighbour? Then let them "unload" to your pet fuckwits about how you are a nutbag that isn't to be fucked with. This will then be followed up by your neighbour apologising etc and you portraying the beligerant jerk "don't let this shit happen again." Kind of guy.

Natural pests are an awesome deterrent. Rats are worse than possums cause they breed like crazy. Cockroaches are good too. Crickets can be easily purchased from any pet store that has fish. Birds are great cause they shit everywhere. Throw a fist full of tiny seeds over the fence regularly and watch the birds come! The bigger the seeds, the bigger the birds! And the bigger the birds, the bigger the turds.

And if they attempt to deter the birds with violence....cops don't take the use of weapons in the suburbs lightly. I know a fellow who had to attend court for shooting a sick ibis on an old lady's property in a rural area.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I think I may have given this advice to norcomaniac at some point.......mow the nature strip starkers, works wonders, my neighbours have avoided me for the last three years.

Edit: wear boots and gloves, and for the love of all that is good, make sure you have the catcher attached.

Last edited:

Cypher

Likes Dirt
You can be fined $10k for the above plus fees to fix, it's in the telecommunications act and is Telstra's property, not your bogan neighbour's.
You need to be caught to be in trouble. Also I don't think the $10k fine is applied very often given how many times I have heard from friends that their phone line has been cut by various contractors. It is a reasonably common occurance that wouldn't necessarily be thought of as sabotage. Like leaking hot water systems - it just happens.

And, by all accounts, excruciatingly annoying.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You need to be caught to be in trouble. Also I don't think the $10k fine is applied very often given how many times I have heard from friends that their phone line has been cut by various contractors. It is a reasonably common occurance that wouldn't necessarily be thought of as sabotage. Like leaking hot water systems - it just happens.

And, by all accounts, excruciatingly annoying.
I don't think Dozer wants to be the one that finds out the fines are applied to deliberate vandilism.

Added to that, there is a distinct difference between a guy in a backhoe accidentally cutting a cable because he misjudged/didn't see it/didn't know it was there, and someone sneaking in during the middle of the night to cut a phone line to piss someone off.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Sounds to mee like most of your issues are with noise, so if you want to do something about it that will not only shut out the noise but keep your house cooler and more secure I would suggest double glazing or some proper security/noise shutters. Sure you shouldn't have to go to that expense because of noisey neighbours but unfortunately life ain't perfect. Just think it will save you on legal representation when doing one of the many suggestions above and it will add value to your home at the same time.

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Interesting responses, but none so far have been very direct or would solve the gent's problems outright.

Here is an idea. At 3am, take 2 jerry cans full of high octane fuel, douse their entire house and burn them in their sleep.

Oh - and regarding the dog, hell whilst your pouring fuel around the rear of the house, be sure to leave the rear gate open so it can run off and be safe.

Last edited:

Cypher

Likes Dirt
I don't think Dozer wants to be the one that finds out the fines are applied to deliberate vandilism.

Added to that, there is a distinct difference between a guy in a backhoe accidentally cutting a cable because he misjudged/didn't see it/didn't know it was there, and someone sneaking in during the middle of the night to cut a phone line to piss someone off.
True, however...

* Most of the other suggestions haven't been legal (definitely not ethical) either
* How would the know it was you? Don't go out in the daylight and dig a big trench. You just need to cut the line. Find out where it is and, in the cover of darkness, cut it. Leave no evidence.

If the neighbours are really that annoying, then there would be a large selection of people to choose from. The police are not going to investigate with forensics - or investigate at all. Telstra (!?) as if. Telstra is not what I would call a responsive organisation. It is unlikely the contractors who come out (eventually) and fix the problem are actual employees

The wonderful irony is that Telstra will still charge the connection/monthly fee while there is no service.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
arson ...and get free jail sex for the near to medium future. probably not his cuppa tea, but who knows and I'm not one to judge.

How long is the fence? double brick to max council permitted height will do wonders (costly, but not a bad investment for a good property), and if you want cheaper investigate blue board and render on your side instead. Both will cut a lot of noise if done to a good height.

Last edited:

Ivan

Eats Squid
Not sure if its been said yet but have overly loud sex with all your windows open.... that will make them close theirs quick smart
Hmmm good idea. I don't have problem neighbours, but just to be sure I'll tell the wife this needs to be done.

A ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure ! ;)

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Hmmm good idea. I don't have problem neighbours, but just to be sure I'll tell the wife this needs to be done.

A ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure ! ;)
That only works if you're an eyesore... otherwise they might become a little TOO interested. :p