I phone 4

nvd20l

Likes Bikes
It's released in the states next week.
I heard today from my local phone shop that Optus will be releasing it first, beginning in early July. I don't know how accurate that is though.
Speaking with Optus, the guy had no info on price or release date.
But judging on what Apple has done in the past, look for an Australian release about 3 weeks after the US launch.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
That looks good. They should of used that design for the ipad with all the high resolution screens and camera.
Will they be making making an ipod touch like this?

dog boy

Likes Dirt
just found on the apple USA page that you can pre-order your i phone 4, for the 14th of July for $199. so what actually stops you buying one in the us and bringing it back?
edit: obviously nothing now that i think of it.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've never heard anything but trouble with friends iPhones on Optus. I'm on Telstra with my 3G and it's been amazing. I'll wait till Telstra releases the 4.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
just found on the apple USA page that you can pre-order your i phone 4, for the 14th of July for $199. so what actually stops you buying one in the us and bringing it back?
Nothing, but you'll need to pay out the 24 month contract with AT&T and go through the hassle of sorting it out for Australia.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love how they make out that most of the features are revolutionary when really they will have been around for a while.

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
i have an iphone 3g i can pretty much do EVERYTHING the 4g can do i dont see what the hype is haha i prefer the older curved shape not the iphone is just looking like an ordinary phone that everyone has

the only thing i dont have is a flash woopdi doo!:p

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
i have an iphone 3g i can pretty much do EVERYTHING the 4g can do i dont see what the hype is haha i prefer the older curved shape not the iphone is just looking like an ordinary phone that everyone has

the only thing i dont have is a flash woopdi doo!:p
  • Forward facing camera.
  • Better battery life
  • More processing power
  • Better design
  • Video calling on wireless networks.
  • Far superior screen. Increased resolution
Everything else you'll get if you have a 3Gs. If you're unlucky enough to have a 3G, you'll get limited new features.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any phone in the US is locked at AT&T. Nothing is stopping you from bringing it back to AUS it's just that it won't work. There is only a few lucky countries that sell iphones outright and Australia is one of them. Hence they are very costly. But the phone looks good, looks like they listened to everyone who hated the poor camera and have given us photogs something to work with on the run. It will be interesting to see when it comes out or the release date is announced for australia and pricing.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Find me a quote that references the features inclusion as revolutionary?
"...and, we're bringing video calling to the world... it's going to change the way we communicate, forever."

"[lists new features] this is going to change everything, all over again."

Having said that, there's probably a degree of truth in their implication of the impact it will have on the market; not because the tech or ideas are new, but because their implementation and usability could well lead to much more widespread. Although the idea of video calling that doesn't actually work over a phone network is interesting...