I phone 4

galumay

Likes Bikes
So my Iphone 4 did the blank screen trick to me (where the phone is still on but the screen is dead) and after a moment of panic thinking I had already killed my precious after only two weeks I figured out how to reset it. Which i did, now my apps won't work, do I need to redownload them now?
Try synching it again first, you shouldnt need to download them again if they are stored on iTunes from a backup.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So after having to reset my iphone for the 5th time in 24 hours now it won't turn on or register oon the computer. The internet is telling me nothing, any ideas?

taquar

Likes Dirt
So after having to reset my iphone for the 5th time in 24 hours now it won't turn on or register oon the computer. The internet is telling me nothing, any ideas?
Take it back to the store you got it from. Things like that should be covered under warranty. If it's not under warranty (Unlikely after 2 weeks) then they will most likely take it and have a look at it for you for a slight fee. You should get a courtesy phone for the meantime.

Bodin

GMBC
Take it back to the store you got it from. Things like that should be covered under warranty. If it's not under warranty (Unlikely after 2 weeks) then they will most likely take it and have a look at it for you for a slight fee. You should get a courtesy phone for the meantime.
+1 - Take it back.

I don't know why you're trying to fix something that's obviously broken.

loc81

Likes Dirt
When I had problems with my 3G soon after purchase, OPTUS gave me the "send it in and it will be a few weeks to get fixed.. Bla bla" so I made a booking with a tech person at an apple store- with in a minute of being there I had it swapped over to a new phone. No questions, and one signature. It scared me how easy it was! The only catch might be how far you are from a store- the big legit ones not those shitty "lifestyle stores". It was 50mins each way for me but well worth it, so maybe ring them.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 - Take it back.

I don't know why you're trying to fix something that's obviously broken.
I'm trying to fix it because if it turns out to be a simple fix I don't want to look like a dick when the dude at apple fixes it in 10 seconds.

To the apple store it is...

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As suggested do the above, 5 resets in 24 hours, just make a reservation at your closest store, walking in isn't gonna do much for you cause they get booked very quickly as it's a free service and if its covered by warranty usually sorted out on the spot in the 15 minute reservation. Even though you may have to wait a couple days for a reservation at least you know your not having to send it away for a few weeks.
http://www.apple.com/au/retail/
1. On the right hand side choose your closest store,
2. Once at the stores homepage, on the right hand side find genius bar, click on reserve underneath, follow the steps all the way until it refreshes back to the stores homepage.
3. Check your email for the confirmation email and just go in 5 minutes before your time, they are only 15 minutes back to back, so being late doesn't work to your favor.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I sent my iphone 4 away last weeks, according to WOW it's still two weeks away, how shitty is that, I don't even get a courtesy phone!

loc81

Likes Dirt
So I sent my iphone 4 away last weeks, according to WOW it's still two weeks away, how shitty is that, I don't even get a courtesy phone!
Did you try going to apple?
Your gripe is the main reason I didn't go through OPTUS- even If I got a spare phone, I had already wiped clean my sim so it was useless.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you try going to apple?
Your gripe is the main reason I didn't go through OPTUS- even If I got a spare phone, I had already wiped clean my sim so it was useless.
No I didn't go to apple, the nearest store is like 2 hours away and I simply don't have time between now and christmas. My gripe isn't the lack of courtesy phone (it would be nice) it's the fact that I only had the phone for 2.5 weeks and it died. That my friends is gay.

Bodin

GMBC
That my friends is gay.
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your phone, but your comment is completely inappropriate. I shouldn't have to explain how many people you're offending by using "gay" in a negative context.

I know it's pretty common, so I won't ban you on this occasion, but do it again and I will.

loc81

Likes Dirt
I wouldve taken the drive- my trip was 1.5hrs through peak hour traffic each way, but I was pretty gay with the result I got. Gay in the original term, before gay people knocked it off for some odd reason.
So it was worth the drive!

taquar

Likes Dirt
I wouldve taken the drive- my trip was 1.5hrs through peak hour traffic each way, but I was pretty gay with the result I got. Gay in the original term, before gay people knocked it off for some odd reason.
So it was worth the drive!
Would have to say that's playing with fire... ;)

It's always worth it to spend the 2 hour drive to get it fixed in less than a week or so, rather than send it away for God knows how long.

Even though, I went through Optus went my Galaxy S went bust and they had it fixed in about a week and a half. I was more than happy with it, but I had a spare phone I could use in the meantime, an old brick, but nevertheless...

Kirky

Likes Dirt
It's always worth it to spend the 2 hour drive to get it fixed in less than a week or so, rather than send it away for God knows how long.
Agreed. Apple store is defiantly worth it.

I had an Iphone 3Gs, then it broke. So I did the easiest thing and took it back to Optus, which was a terrible idea.
They f**ked me around for months.
First it was sent away, which took them about 3 weeks to tell me it wasn't working. Then another 2 to send it back, unfixed. Then I had to send it away again under insurance, which took another 3 weeks, before they said "your insurance was invalid because I never called the insurance line off the phone." So they were going to send it back.
They said 10 business days, after well over that I went to the store and complained and they said "If it isn't here in the next two days, we will express post it directly to your door", which never happened.
I even got the bloke from the Optus store to ring them for me in the store, because not even they knew where it was, they told me "it was 100% at the Optus store, and that they had signed for it confirming the delivery" which was a complete lie.

Finally when I got it back, called up the nearest Apple store, made an appointment, and it was swapped for a new one, on the spot.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Don't forget you can always report it "stolen". My friends had 2 iPhones ruined from drunken nights and it's worked a treat- not that I endorse it.
RE my gay comment, I'm only lightening the mood, however, my mums name is Gay so I stand my ground on the thievery!

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your phone, but your comment is completely inappropriate. I shouldn't have to explain how many people you're offending by using "gay" in a negative context.

I know it's pretty common, so I won't ban you on this occasion, but do it again and I will.
Sorry man, didn't mean any offense. won't happen again.