Ibis Mojo HD3 Released

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Whoot, whoot! 6" travel Mojo HD3 released!

I've gathered up all the info, pics and reviews so far and posted them to the Ibis area on Google+
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101908075366960918611

3-Bike-Hero-No-Splash-2560-x-1600.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

The new Mojo HD (HD3 for short) is the third act in the Mojo HD/Mojo HDR trailbike trilogy. Everything is new from the ground-up, notably featuring the latest and greatest refinement of the famed dw-link suspension. Geometry is fully modern: longer, lower and slacker, with 6” of plush rear wheel travel. We’ve built in versatile internal routing and updated the frame design, allowing us to put a water bottle on top of the downtube. We also achieve a drop in weight and pedaling performance on par with the Ripley, so the bike is very fast going up, and scary fast going down.

· 650b (27.5") wheels
· The most advanced version of the dw-link suspension on the planet
· 6” of rear wheel travel
· Weight for the frame and shock, size large, matte finish: 5.9 lbs
· 67 degree head angle with a 150mm fork (66.6º with 160 fork)
· Shock specs: Fox Float CTD Adjust Factory Series with Kashima Coat, 7.875" x 2.25", 175lb boost, med velocity, med rebound, LV can, .92in3 volume spacer,
· Optional shock: Cane Creek DBinline
· ISCG 05 compatible with removable adapter
· Threaded bottom bracket
· Super versatile internal cable routing including internal dropper routing.
· Optional polycarbonate down tube cable guard
· Chain stay length: 16.9"
· 12 x 142mm Maxle rear axle
· 160mm post mount left dropout, carbon fiber
· Tapered Head Tube and Steerer
· Up to 2.4" rear tire depending on brand and height of cornering knobs
· Dual row angular contact bearings on the drive side of the lower link that have less play than standard sealed bearings. Preload adjustment is not necessary. Large 28mm x 15mm x 7mm radial bearings on the non drive side for stiffness and long wear
· Bottom Bracket height 13.4"
· Removable direct mount front derailleur mount for a clean 1X look

http://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/mojo_hd3/

--------------------------------------------------------

20141005-Ibis-467.jpg

marc.r

Likes Dirt
hey Pete,

have you had a chance to ride one of these yet yourself?

pinkbike just posted a stellar review today too

ChopSticks

Banned
woke up this morning to the wonderful news!
And first thought was 'God I wonder if DigitalHippie has his hands/arse on one?"

This bike really really ticks my boxes! def at the top of the list atm... more so than a 5c or 6c
and one thing I have to say....

THANK FUCK THEY MOVED ON FROM TT CABLE ROUTING!!!!!

Always hated TT routing (applies to GT Zaskars, and reminds me of shitty $99 K-mart bikes)
Loving the internal routing (but surely they could've done a better job between it coming out near the BB and going back into the rear tri?)

and ZOMFG big thumbs of for a threaded BB, big tick in my books! only disappointed with the colours (lack). Black looks nice.. but the high slap of white doesnt look nice. and WOW i love that blue/red... but I doubt I'd opt for another blue bike when it comes time to buy, and green is just..........

Honzo15

Likes Dirt
May I just ask what all this rave is about, serious question as pretty much all MTB blogs, magazines and websites are posting it, testing it, reviewing it? It's a nice bike I agree but where's all this hype coming from?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
new DW- link

It's a DW link, how can you "advance" it?
I think the Ripleys use the same new DW design- it has a large concentric pivot like the Yeti Switch that rotates. It is still DW but this new pivot is rather cool. It is beautifully sealed, I removed all the air from the shock and cycled it through its travel.

Still Ibis continue to make XL frames with large length top tubes- everyone wants the lengthin the top tube to run short stems and wide bars and most dropper posts are inline too.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I think the DW link is up to its 5th or 6th iteration. And there is significant differences.
Differences, sure...but DW link describes a linkage design.

I would say this may be the most refined version, but advanced? What has actually changed to "advance" it?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Differences, sure...but DW link describes a linkage design.

I would say this may be the most refined version, but advanced? What has actually changed to "advance" it?
the colours man............................. get with the Euro Enduro cool.......... sometimes you are so 2009 HiFi

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I'm a big fan of this, for sure! I've been on a Mach 5.7C for the last few years and so far, until now, there hasn't been a single bike to catch my eye as a suitable replacement (if, of course, it ever came to that).

My issue with "newer" generation bikes is that they've all been going down the longer, slacker route which, for me, isn't necessarily ideal. I discovered that for pretty much all of my pedal riding, a 67/67.5 HA works perfectly. Slacker is just harder to manage (and yes, I know you can adjust, but the fat remains it's harder to manage of tighter stuff) and 160mm+ for me doesn't work.

My requirement are light, fast, 150mm max, 67ish HA, 590 TT (+/-5mm). Finally an almost perfect 650b bike. My only issue is the shock yoke, makes shocks a bit difficult. I guess the solution is make sure you get the CCDB Inline option ;)

my02

Likes Dirt
Direct from US

Anybody looking to get one from the US and if so what sort of prices have you found?

mint355

Likes Dirt
I'm a big fan of this, for sure! I've been on a Mach 5.7C for the last few years and so far, until now, there hasn't been a single bike to catch my eye as a suitable replacement (if, of course, it ever came to that).

My issue with "newer" generation bikes is that they've all been going down the longer, slacker route which, for me, isn't necessarily ideal. I discovered that for pretty much all of my pedal riding, a 67/67.5 HA works perfectly. Slacker is just harder to manage (and yes, I know you can adjust, but the fat remains it's harder to manage of tighter stuff) and 160mm+ for me doesn't work.

My requirement are light, fast, 150mm max, 67ish HA, 590 TT (+/-5mm). Finally an almost perfect 650b bike. My only issue is the shock yoke, makes shocks a bit difficult. I guess the solution is make sure you get the CCDB Inline option ;)
Have you ever heard of a Santa Cruz Bronson... I think you maybe taking about that bike.