DJ Ibis Ripmo v2

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
95% of the time, strongly agree. But 5% of the time your pants almost fill with ca-ca because the back wheel just tried to overtake the front at a critical moment on the trail is the flip-side. So much fun when you gather it up in time though!
Yes, I have had that one happen but pretty rare for my nancy riding style.

Think of the rolling resistance from the car park to trail head with those tractor tyres :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Maybe a bad batch but had both Ibex and the Canis on the Craftie and the Honzo and all of them got flats just looking at them. Nothing through the tread always the side wall, the Ibex was apparently the free ride casing. I would normally attribute it to my poor riding but on the exact same trails and taking the same shitty lines the Bontrager SE4 team and the Maxxis dissector have held up fine but the Onza had me walking home. Just don't think the sidewalls are any good.

Just my 2c
The tyres obviously aren't working for you but lots of variables involved between different riders these days like tyre pressure and weight, but sometimes it can be down to rim and tyre combination too. I've also found as tyres get old they seem to split easier. I've had my fair share of blowing rear tyres too, you just need to land on a sharp rock from a huck to flat and they puncture. I mainly ride raw trails these days, my rims in 2 months generally look like most people's rims after 2 years.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
The tyres obviously aren't working for you but lots of variables involved between different riders these days like tyre pressure and weight, but sometimes it can be down to rim and tyre combination too. I've also found as tyres get old they seem to split easier. I've had my fair share of blowing rear tyres too, you just need to land on a sharp rock from a huck to flat and they puncture. I mainly ride raw trails these days, my rims in 2 months generally look like most people's rims after 2 years.

View attachment 370596View attachment 370597View attachment 370598
Oh yeah there are so many variables it's impossible to set hard and fast rules. The main problem I had with the Onza was grazing the tyre. I would hit a rock and it would put a big graze in the sidewall that just wouldn't seal up, it wasn't technically a hole but would just keep slowly leaking. The worst one was a brand new one at the top of Blue tier heading to St Helens rubbed a rock and within 10min the tyre was flat, had a big graze and this was supposed to be the freeride casing.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Oh yeah there are so many variables it's impossible to set hard and fast rules. The main problem I had with the Onza was grazing the tyre. I would hit a rock and it would put a big graze in the sidewall that just wouldn't seal up, it wasn't technically a hole but would just keep slowly leaking. The worst one was a brand new one at the top of Blue tier heading to St Helens rubbed a rock and within 10min the tyre was flat, had a big graze and this was supposed to be the freeride casing.
Maybe faulty tyres, I haven't experienced the tyres not sealing on the side walls.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The main problem I had with the Onza was grazing the tyre. I would hit a rock and it would put a big graze in the sidewall that just wouldn't seal up, it wasn't technically a hole but would just keep slowly leaking.
Stromlo chucks a lot of that at you doesn’t it. My rims and tyre sidewalls have all copped it with scars to prove it, but Maxxis seem to pull through well all the same.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I personally really like the Onza tires, the Ibex and Lynx in particular. I'd rate the sidewall protection of the FRC60 casing as equivalent to Exo+.

Compared to Maxxis I find they weep less, don't get the dreaded wobble, and I've never had a bead stretch making the tyre pop off the rim.