If you could, what forks would you get ???

Reckless

Likes Bikes
im looking for some guidance here guys, please be kind.
whats a good set of forks you'd recommend and if you could what would you get?

Regards, thank you

Red.

Likes Dirt
Well right now i have a set of RS totem SA, AWSOME Forks
but next year im buying a set of the new fox 180mm floats.
do you ride DH or more of freerider.:confused:

RMS116

Likes Dirt
2009 Carbon manitou dorado's, or the 2010 aluminium ones, 40's although I 'd wait till 2011 for them, or 2010 888 rc 3 evo ti or BOS.
What the heck if i had the money I'd get a set of each.

Last edited:

.BP.

Likes Dirt
Definatly the new 888 ti's and not boxxers, on a side not i may have a set of 2010 teams going cheap if anyone is interested.

Reckless

Likes Bikes
Do a search, there is plenty of information already on here...
thanks buddy, i never thought of doing that but every time i do who ever is doing the review always rates them 10 out of 10. makes it hard so i thought id ask people who race as they are normaly in the know. regards

Well right now i have a set of RS totem SA, AWSOME Forks
but next year im buying a set of the new fox 180mm floats.
do you ride DH or more of freerider.:confused:
DH. thanks for the help mate i heard those Totem forks are crazy, how much did you pay?

driftking

Wheel size expert
2009 Carbon manitou dorado's, or the 2010 aluminium ones, 40's although I 'd wait till 2011 for them, or 2010 888 rc 3 evo ti or BOS.
What the heck if i had the money I'd get a set of each.
if you want to wait for 2011, the new 2011 fox range should have the kashima coating i havent heard if 40's are going to have the new kashima coating but from the talk id assume they would. of course it is a long time to wait expessially if their not as great as they are expected but if you can do with your current forks id wait it out.
kashima is said to be i think 4 times stronger than the current hard anodising and reduces friction drastically.it was basically brough into use as the world cup riders were using nickel coated forks but while drastically reducing friction they were not durable enough( which is why they never produced them) but the kashima coating for 2011 seems to fix this issue and appears very promising while been available to the public.
there was a small write up on it in the last (april) AMB

Last edited:

Reckless

Likes Bikes
if you want to wait for 2011, the new 2011 fox range should have the kashima coating i havent heard if 40's are going to have the new kashima coating but from the talk id assume they would. of course it is a long time to wait expessially if their not as great as they are expected but if you can do with your current forks id wait it out.
kashima is said to be i think 4 times stronger than the current hard anodising and reduces friction drastically.it was basically brough into use as the world cup riders were using nickel coated forks but while drastically reducing friction they were not durable enough but the kashima coating for 2011 seems to fix this issue and appears very promising.
there was a small write up on it in the last (april) AMB
thanks heaps buddy, great info there. really appreciate it.

scblack

Leucocholic
thanks buddy, i never thought of doing that but every time i do who ever is doing the review always rates them 10 out of 10. makes it hard so i thought id ask people who race as they are normaly in the know. regards
Why are the replies in this thread going to be any different?