Ignition MTB Event, Falls Creek November 19-20, 2016

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Myself and 2 others will be camping for the weekend. Does anyone know if there are any public showers around Falls?
yeah mate there are great public showers/amenties in the bottom of the QT complex, right on Bogong High Plains Road and directly across from the Village Bike Cafe/Ignition festival

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Good to know Pete, thanks for the info.
Where will you camp around there?
There's 3 listed camp sites around 15km south of the village. I'm hoping that they are actually available and the info isn't 10 years out of date....

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Good to know Pete, thanks for the info.

There's 3 listed camp sites around 15km south of the village. I'm hoping that they are actually available and the info isn't 10 years out of date....
Pretty Valley Hut is probably the most popular designated camping spot on the high plains closest to Falls Creek - a bunch of folk camp out that way, including MTB. There's also the camp areas out on the high plains incl Raspberry Hill, Langford West, Buckety Plain etc. Bush camping is also permitted elsewhere, think some restrictions apply e.g distance from roads etc.

FWIW I'd be checking out Pretty Valley, great spot and it's a pretty cruisey ride into Falls and back. The lodges in the village that have sponsored Ignition are also offering special deals for the weekend.

Last edited:

wkkie

Pretty Valley Hut is probably the most popular designated camping spot on the high plains closest to Falls Creek - a bunch of folk camp out that way, including MTB. There's also the camp areas out on the high plains incl Raspberry Hill, Langford West, Buckety Plain etc. Bush camping is also permitted elsewhere, think some restrictions apply e.g distance from roads etc.

FWIW I'd be checking out Pretty Valley, great spot and it's a pretty cruisey ride into Falls and back. The lodges in the village that have sponsored Ignition are also offering special deals for the weekend.
Thanks again Pete. Does the Pretty Valley site have room for a camper trailer? I know the others do, but if Pretty Valley does that'd be preferable being riding distance.

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Thanks again Pete. Does the Pretty Valley site have room for a camper trailer? I know the others do, but if Pretty Valley does that'd be preferable being riding distance.
yeah mate plenty of room for camper trailers at Pretty Valleyc. In the peak of Summer after xmas there's all kinds of campers down there - motorhomes, caravans, tents, etc. I rode past it today, looking great!

Also just a heads up that the High Plains Road might not have re-opened by Nov 19-20, if so Pretty Valley is it for camping anyway!

wkkie

yeah mate plenty of room for camper trailers at Pretty Valleyc. In the peak of Summer after xmas there's all kinds of campers down there - motorhomes, caravans, tents, etc. I rode past it today, looking great!

Also just a heads up that the High Plains Road might not have re-opened by Nov 19-20, if so Pretty Valley is it for camping anyway!
Just to confirm, this is the camp ground you're talking about?

falls pretty valley camping.jpg

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Just to confirm, this is the camp ground you're talking about?
yeah that's the one. You'll see when you get there the camp ground kinda sprawls on both sides of the road. BTW When you're riding into Falls from Pretty Valley you can jump onto the trails (from just near the '30 min' graphic) vs staying on road all the way.

For anyone coming to Ignition, the trails within the resort are prime. Between the World Trail crew, Falls Creek Resort crew and the weather it's looking pretty sweet ATM.

And for those on the Fainters ride, I scoped out trail conditions today. It's going to be epic!

highplainsmagic.jpg

Last edited:

wkkie

Good to see there's plenty of options with the camping.

Looking forward to the weekend that's for sure!! We'll be heading up Friday arvo if anyone is up for a beer and a meal before the big weekend.

dunndog

Eats Squid
How are conditions up at Falls? I haven't really seen or heard much, but I'd imagine this poor excuse for a spring has left a good amount of moisture and wind damage in its wake, even a few late snowfalls?

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
How are conditions up at Falls? I haven't really seen or heard much, but I'd imagine this poor excuse for a spring has left a good amount of moisture and wind damage in its wake, even a few late snowfalls?
The World Trail and Resort Management crews are doing massive amounts of work at Falls to get everything ready for opening weekend.

Trail conditions are great ATM. Weather forecast for the next week looks pretty good too.

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid
The World Trail and Resort Management crews are doing massive amounts of work at Falls to get everything ready for opening weekend.

Trail conditions are great ATM. Weather forecast for the next week looks pretty good too.
Nice. We're really looking forward to this. Bright shuttles on the Friday, and a parting sesh at Beauty on our way out Monday if our limbs and digits are still intact and can move.

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Just a headsup that bookings for Ignition close this Sunday November 13, so get on to it ASAP if you are thinking of coming along.

Flowtown is ready and waiting.. and running super fast!

[video=youtube;wvOAJ2R2zZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvOAJ2R2zZk[/video]

It's going to be a mega weekend. Get on it! :biggrin:

Last edited: