Illawarra Ride Organisation Thread!

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yer I'm going.
Went today with Sam and Ty but about 8 other Gong locals were down there too. I love the track...really rough flowy and technical and all the big stuff is pretty fun. I'm hoping for under 5 minutes on it and I'm pretty sure I'll get that. One thing that I don't like on the track is the 7ft drop. There's pretty much no gap and you just have to plop off it if you don't want to go to flat. 20ft gap is awesome also and that log ride is pretty fun.

This week I'm going to practice sprinting for like 500m on my downhill bike so I can get fit for it.

Who else is going? Me and Ty are going as well as James, Micah, Kaine, Cameron, Jo11y, Joel, Shippy, Newman, Jason, Keiran and heaps of other guys. Should be an awesome weekend.

One thing to note is that there are 2 fallen tree's across the shuttle road. One is fairly easy to drive over (speed bump size) and is near the end of the shuttle run but the other is right at the end. It is raised off the ground and you can't drive over it. You can't go all the way to the proper turn around bay but just before that when you can go left (to the track) or up a hill to the right you have to turn around there. It is right at the end and is probably only an extra 30 second ride.

Just thought I'd tell you because was a bit of a hassle getting to the tree then having to reverse the car and trailer down that little bit of the shuttle road.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Yeah nowra, Nick, no DJ tommorow, the spokes on my stp are loose enough to stretch:S Keira it is, Ben, what time are you heading up?

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah nowra, Nick, no DJ tommorow, the spokes on my stp are loose enough to stretch:S Keira it is, Ben, what time are you heading up?
Alright Keira it is. Ring me in the morning to tell me what time and where to meet you.

motox199

Likes Dirt
hmm wishing i was in NSW right now, but i am looking forward to going Dirt Jumping in adelaide tommorow:cool:

caddy

Likes Dirt
I don't like posting in threads like this usually, but yeah I should be up Keira tomorrow sometime because I've finally got a day off bloody 12hr shifts. Just gotta get my bike back from the shop sometime before hand. Might see some of you up there.
Lata

Sam.

Eats Squid
Stuff the photos, it will be at too shorter notice. I think Ill head up to keira early. I think Ill get a lift up in the morning if I can, I might be there a little earlier though. About 8:30 ish, I guess ill just wait at the hairpin and do the first section a few times.

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Ok fellas. I should be up there round noon'ish if I get outta bed in time. Gotta see if the gf can borrow the landcruiser cause it doesn't fit in the 2 door hatch. If not ill be hiking it up yay!

Just look out for someone with a red aline and brown mace helmet! Hope to see ya all

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Sweet fellas, enjoy keria.
Im of to tammworth until friday, however im bringing my bike yeww, hopefully theres some sweet tracks around

not being on farkin.. aw this will prove difficult:eek:

anyway i'll catch yaz on deh flip side

(LOLYLOPS)- just for mayo

:cool:

XCer

Squid
Got the week off during Youth Week, will be heading up Possums pretty much all week (except maybe Monday), anyone who is looking for someone to ride with PM me (won't be on FARKIN after friday 18/7 but will be back 21/7 (too busy ridng!!!!)

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all, back from tamworth

Anywho we are hitting T rule tomorrow ( thirroul)

at about 10:30 to 11:00
we will be up the top of the track at the berms

anyway feel free to come pm for any questions

Lataz:cool:

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all, back from tamworth

Anywho we are hitting T rule tomorrow ( thirroul)

at about 10:30 to 11:00
we will be up the top of the track at the berms

anyway feel free to come pm for any questions

Lataz:cool:
Thirroul was fun, we had a time gat setup on the berm up the top.

The best i clocked was 23.1, however tyres are shot and i am yet to pin berm "6" :mad: proving difficult. The track record is 22.3 so if i turn my "A" game on then i should throw down a 22ish second run, fingers croessed. anywho it was a great ride, PLUS thanks jase for lending me the watch for a few runs- was very helpfull.

I think were hitting helensburg tomorrow.....? will are yet to finalise it, however i wouldnt mind it, something different.

Anyway if your interested in coming then simple pm or talk through this thread, ( through the thread is easier)

Anyway- get typing

Cheers Matt:cool: