i'm already sick of....

hey there guys and gals

well i'm new to this site...and may i say that it farkin rocks...but there's one thing that really annoys me already...

why do we mountain bikers...not just on this site...see a great jump/trick/gap/drop and immediately yell PHOTOSHOP at the top of our little computer based lungs???

sure there are some fakes out there but they are usually pretty easy to spot...

surely we should be giving major props to the rider who's just completed this amazing feat!!!

just because we can never imagin ourselves or anyone we know even attempting what we've seen caught on film doesn't mean it's not true!!!

let's congratulate excellence, not question it!!!! we'll get there someday!!!

...i know it's a rant...but it is one thing which does annoy me...oh well...that's human nature for you...

curtisrider

Eats Squid
thats true, some big stuff is photoshoped though, and we do see alot of it, so i think it is hard for us to say yes that is real when you see so much fake stuff too.

too many times we jump to conclusions about these things when we should be giving the rider credit.

Adi

It's my birthday!
commander_dilsnikk said:
hey there guys and gals

well i'm new to this site...and may i say that it farkin rocks...but there's one thing that really annoys me already...

why do we mountain bikers...not just on this site...see a great jump/trick/gap/drop and immediately yell PHOTOSHOP at the top of our little computer based lungs???

sure there are some fakes out there but they are usually pretty easy to spot...

surely we should be giving major props to the rider who's just completed this amazing feat!!!

just because we can never imagin ourselves or anyone we know even attempting what we've seen caught on film doesn't mean it's not true!!!

let's congratulate excellence, not question it!!!! we'll get there someday!!!

...i know it's a rant...but it is one thing which does annoy me...oh well...that's human nature for you...
Why not question things? It's a free country... Some photos do look really photoshopped and I think it brings and creates a good conversation on why it is/is not a fake on some occasions.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
alot of the time people r just kidding becuase there have been afew...differences in opinion around here.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Well admittedly I don't look in the photo forum much, but the only photoshop debate I can remember is the Watson one. Can somebody please give me some examples of this horrible epedemic?

G

some are meant to spark arguments....and some a awesomely real..

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Simo said:
alot of the time people r just kidding
yeah i agree completely... some people on farkin.net say "PHOTOSHOP" when really it is a real photo, they only mean it as a joke, its 'farkin' tradtion :lol: . if i posted a photo of me doing a huge drop and someone said "photoshop" it would make me feel good, because its giving me the impression that people don't think its do-able but really in my mind it is, because i did it... do u get what i mean?? i dunno, just my slice of cheese cake