I'm quitting bikes...

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it needs bigger foot pads so you can go tandem - then it would be super. Does it also come with tri bars?

clockworked

Like an orange
you guys have got to watch the video on the site linked above 'watch the elliptigo in action'. it's unintentional comedy gold. the only part that gives the game away is when the chief engineer/designer is sitting at his computer with a big shit eating grin that screams 'this is the best and most involved practical joke i have ever managed to pull off'

aanon

Likes Dirt
Gayer than a tinsel recumbent.
If I ever get the urge to walk up hills with handle bars in my hand I will push my dh bike up a trail and rip back down it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
unbelievers yield to the awesome power of the truth!

With my own eyes I have seen this amazing feat of engineering in operation!

Or some crafty old guy in my home town has made something very similar. He is always cruising the harbour side and break wall on it. I think it has a bit more of the iconic 'aerifit' look to it though. You know the ski pole like handles with which he steers. He also does some kind of yoga/meditation/stretching/camoflauged perving at the end of the break wall. He does get up a fair bit of speed, but it doesn't stop him lookibg like a fucktard.

And yes! I have seen him photograph his machine in an overly choreographed landscape with the sun setting in the background, a coal ship coming in, and the 'city' way off yonder. Perhaps there is an instagram trend? #fucktard...

Last edited:

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With my own eyes I have seen this amazing feat of engineering in operation!

Or some crafty old guy in my home town has made something very similar. He is always cruising the harbour side and break wall on it. I think it has a bit more of the iconic 'aerifit' look to it though. You know the ski pole like handles with which he steers. He also does some kind of yoga/meditation/stretching/camoflauged perving at the end of the break wall. He does get up a fair bit of speed, but it doesn't stop him lookibg like a fucktard.

And yes! I have seen him photograph his machine in an overly choreographed landscape with the sun setting in the background, a coal ship coming in, and the 'city' way off yonder. Perhaps there is an instagram trend? #fucktard...
Newcastle?
I've seen a bloke riding one too. Massive tool.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
I've seen a few of these in action too on the Perth foreshore.
They get up to decent speeds.
I don't have a problem with how they look.
I'd sooner be seen on one of these than an E bike.
I reckon they'd be great cross training for recovery days.

moorey

call me Mia
Bloke in bunny has been riding one for a while. Looks hard work, but he gets along alright. I'd probably sooner ride one than a carbon 29er....:wave:

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I've seen a few of these in action too on the Perth foreshore.
They get up to decent speeds.
I don't have a problem with how they look.
I'd sooner be seen on one of these than an E bike.
I reckon they'd be great cross training for recovery days.
I saw a bloke near Frankston on an e bike. The thing is he was wearing a custom made skin suit with a huge nose cone and tail fins. He also had an aero helmet like the one above but complete with the face shield that covered his face. He looked like he may be attempting a land speed world record except he was cruising the bike paths at about 15km/h. He was super serious too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Newcastle?
I've seen a bloke riding one too. Massive tool.
Yep Newcastle. But I haven't seen his massive tool. You must have been very lucky.

I am happy for people to get around however suits them. This guy may have a mobility issue that makes this device the closest thing he can have to bike riding or cross country skiing. I have never asked him so for all I know he may dream every night of riding his carbon 29er over to Moorey's place for a fresh bag of dicks...but when I see him taking photos of this device with his iPad or telemarking the crowds of walkers I can't help but hate on him. I feel just like I do each time some brainless hipster chains their rusty piece ofshit bike to my bike outside a cafe and takes a photo.

I guess it could be worse the old guy could be taking the photo with a Polaroid.

driftking

Wheel size expert
So when you strava, do you select running or cycling?
You select "douche"

It looks like something for people who can't quite ride a bike but want to make walking harder and look stupid while doing it.

On a more serious point I was always under the assumption elipticals are bad for your knees due to the motion been really unatural.

Asterope

Likes Dirt
I saw a bloke near Frankston on an e bike. The thing is he was wearing a custom made skin suit with a huge nose cone and tail fins. He also had an aero helmet like the one above but complete with the face shield that covered his face. He looked like he may be attempting a land speed world record except he was cruising the bike paths at about 15km/h. He was super serious too.
My overly active imagination has busily dreamed up several scenarios for this description, most of them tragically ending in either dehydration, death by kangaroo, death by road train or death by embarrasment. I hope he had a support team driving alongside ;)

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I really want to try one just to know exactly how crap it actually is instead of merely assuming it is crap. All I can see is the OTB potential or the chain bitten arse potential (one slip on those footpads and you are fucked)...and of course the spectacular dickhead potential because you'd look like a dill.

Then again...wonder if you could set one up as a touring machine?